Thursday 21 February 2008

TONIGHT!!! AND THEN FRIDAY!!!! AND THEN NEXT MONDAY!!!!


Current mood: EXCITED WITH ANTICIPATION!!
Category: EXCITED WITH ANTICIPATION!! Music



The Sound Riviera starts tonight - Monday 18th Feb - at 9pm UK time on ResonanceFM. 104.4 FM in central London.

Internet stream at www.resonancefm.com

It's repeated at 2pm on Fridays.

Presented stumblingly by Dan Hayhurst AKA Sculpture and with poise by the towering talent that is Veronica Lavery, the show is about tapes....

Between documentary series and radiophonic collage, Blue Peter and The Faust Tapes, exists The Sound Riviera, a melange of tape recorders, tape music, sound effects, recycled found tapes, esoteric history, contemporary magnetic tape users and abusers, and technical instruction.

Something like that...the first one is a relatively gentle introduction, with a bit of history and a bit of hairdressing.

LISTEN UP!!

20:48 - 6 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

graham

I just had a listen. It's excellent! Was that Psychedelia Derbyshire doing those trippy loops? How much of that BBC Radiophonic workshop stuff was made with the help of L.S.D. as well as "found sounds"? I love cassette tapes, I have a collection of my own C-90 compilations that I've been recording since 1987 to 2008. I'm up to "Bits & Pieces volume 681" so far. I recently found some interesting recordings of various family members on tape, who used cassettes to record messages & send them instead of letters back in the 1970's.

Posted by graham on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 21:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

BLIMEY!!! That's some collection. I'd mp3 them if I were you. In my experience, tape don't last too well..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 22:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


graham

In my experience, tapes can easily be mended with a precision screwdriver, a small pair of scissors & some sticky tape. I have become an expert at mending tapes over the years & still listen to the ones I compiled back in '87 when I started the collection. I might mp3 them one day, when I have a spare year. It would certainly free up a bit of space.

Posted by graham on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 09:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It'd certainly be a huge job...

If you can fix them, I wouldn't bother...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 10:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Fuck it! I missed that. I'll have to remember to catch the re-runs.

Posted by Clinker on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 22:23
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes. I apologise for the short notice - I should have had the blog up much earlier..

I'll repeat it in plenty of reminder time for the 2pm (GMT) Friday Repeat..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 22:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: