Saturday 2 February 2008

CASA HASA GIOVANNA EPISODE 2 - REACTIONS???


Current mood: HE ASKED KNOWINGLY....
Category: HE ASKED KNOWINGLY.... Music



Well?????

It's been up for a few days now and though I know each and every one of you has been listening to it non-stop with the kind of ecstatic fervour only usually reserved for a brand new and unreleased James Marshall Hendrix album, I've yet to have one response good or bad...?!?


So how is it???


I reckon it's about twice as good as the first one - much more coherent and more reliable to the theme...

I cut the Paulies Talkies because I don't like to hear my voice (unless it's typed - THEN I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!)

I also didn't feel my mumbling added much to Episode 1


The voice may come back, but I doubt it - except on ones that contain interviews or Waiting recordings...


Anyway, doing these CHGs
is leading me back into music production and maybe that's the plan??

Yes boss, the more I fiddle with intro sounds and Fish Island Montages the more I start to get ideas for remixes, concept mix albums and super new tracks....

'FUCK BLOGGY FUCKING MUSIC REVIEWS!!!' I'm thinking....'WRITING CLEVER AND SARCASTIC MUSIC BLOGS WAS SO 2007!!!! I MUST MAKE MORE NEW MUSIC OR I WILL DIE!!!!'

(If you haven't heard it - click the image below and Bob's your job!!)




Currently listening :
They Came from The Stars I Saw Them vs Reality
By They Came from the Stars I Saw Them Vs. Reality
Release date: By 18 September, 2007

01:29 - 29 Comments - 12 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

loved it!

missed the "paulie's talkies" though...

you'll have to mix some of the cashmere wifebeaters' first record. it is called. "it's only a machine"

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 01:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The problem with Paulies Talkies is that I have to hear them time after time after time in the making of. I also find they get in the way of 1 extra track and when I balance the two, the track always seems more worthy of inclusion...

This isn't a lack of belief in my importance - I can and will talk about my choices in type over time...

Just not on the record....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 01:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

I was also disappointed by the absence of Paulies Talkies...although the musical choices were top notch!!!

But more ABBA next time, yes???

Posted by Ren on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 01:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Good Point...

Abba have yet to show up at all. They won't make the next one, but there's a chance on the one after that...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 01:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

You need the talkies or else your deal has no personality of it's own. I want to hear more ABBA too, and maybe the Starland Vocal Band.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

If I email you what i want to say, will you talk it for me???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:10
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Only if you put my Ping Pong Bitches on the show...

Since you're taking requests now, you need more Deerhoof on the show too. That song of theirs "The Perfect Me" is just too good. Oh, and how about Billy Ocean? Carribean Queen, if you know what I mean. Heck, just hire me on to be your program director.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I LOVE PING PONG BITCHES!!!!

Can they sing my links????

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Emily and Louise could be like the PPB/PGPoundSign singers. That would be pretty cool.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

DEAL!!!

How do we work it???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

I'll have my people get with their people who'll get with your people who'll get with you then you'll get with me...

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!

I NEED THAT RECORDING ON MY DESK BY FRIDAY!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Nobody's fucking with you, PGPoundSign. Well, not very much. Okay, a lot. But what's your little jingo gonna be like anyways?

PGPoundSign! Just give him the money
PGPoundSign! He's always so sunny
PGPoundSign! PGPoundSign!
P-G-PoundSign!

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

YEAH!!!

I WANT IT ON MY DESK BY FRIDAY!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 02:52
[Remove]


maryJane

can i just say that i liked the hostile chimpmunk bit a little more than i probably should?!? i about died from laughing...

this installment was lovely. cheers !!

Posted by maryJane on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 04:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

ALLLLLLVIN!!!!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 09:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Sorry been a bit busy here at Clinker Central. I thought it was betterer this one, it was more cohesive for sure.

I liked every tune this time too (er hmm, especially the one near the end..."be sure to wind down your windah").

I recognised a few tunes, but what were the others? Ya gonna give us a playlist.

Next time, if they want Abba, give them "Queen and I" from JAMMS "1987 What the Fuck is Going On". That'll sort em out.

Posted by Clinker on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 11:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The tracklisting is already on the download page...

What you been busy with at Clinker Central??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 11:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

OOh let me see....rehearsing live band stuff, doing mash ups (tomoko mainly), i'm doing a DJ mix thing, work on the new album. Busy. I just wanna go out and party though!

Didn't notice the tracklisting on the download page. I'll have another look.

Posted by Clinker on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 21:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

Just scroll all the way down and bob's your uncle...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 21:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Hijackalope

you one drunk lookin' puffin

Posted by Hijackalope on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 17:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

SQUARRRKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 17:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

I haven't heard it yet, I hope to have enough time to listen to it tomorrow while I'm writing reviews of all this weeks gigs and a film. Then I'll really let you know what I think!!

Posted by simon on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 18:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Look forward to it...)

I think I'm over in Kilburn to watch some comedy, so if you're about let me know...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 18:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

I was out at an almost empty club in camden watching countrified psych rock for my sins...

Posted by simon on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 09:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

Haven't been able to download it yet as I have no room left on the hardrive. got another one to put in (when I've worked out how to do it) and This will probably be the first thing on it your so privileged!!
I quite like the mumbling not very proffessional I know. maybe a rough script would help lose the erm's

Posted by Mog Hartley on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 20:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Fitting a hard disc is pretty straightforward though if you're reformatting your old one things might get a little more tricky...

Both episodes do however also stream live now so downloading isn;t 100% necesary...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 21:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

Damn listening to that nearly made me burn the soup!! I enjoyed quite a lot of it only a few bits drove me bonkers, but who said that's a bad thing!!
Oh and Cold weather is one of my fave Lee Perry tunes Are You Cold!!
Look forward to episode 3 and more fun with Alvin and co!!!

Posted by simon on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 19:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'd be fascinated to know which tracks drove you bonkers....?!?

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 23:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: