Thursday 21 February 2008

THOM YORKE KNOWS BEST : AKA : A PRELUDE TO CASA HASA GIOVANNA3.


Current mood: EYEBROWS
Category: EYEBROWS Music



QUIZMASTER: You were considered the best rockband of the 90's.
THOM YORKE: God help us if we fuckin' were, 'cause as far as we're concerned even being called a rockband was a bit of a nightmare, really.
QUIZMASTER: Why?
THOM YORKE: 'Cause it sucks, fucking rockmusic sucks, I hate it! I'm so fuckin' bored of it, I hate it! It's a fuckin' waste of time.

THOM YORKE: Personally I totally lost interest in playing guitar.
QUIZMASTER: How come?
THOM YORKE: It just didn't do it for me anymore.
QUIZMASTER: But you have 3 guitarists in the band!
THOM YORKE: Yeah, bummer, eh?

QUIZMASTER: Apart from not playing the guitar anymore, you said you didn't like guitarmusic anymore. What music were you into at that time?

THOM YORKE: I was much more into the electronica stuff like
Autechre and Aphex Twin, lots of stuff on the Warp label. I always regretted that we, in deciding being a rockband and touring ourselves stupid and turning into little monsters, we lost the chance of ever being able to get into that sort of music and that was a big regret for me 'cause I didn't see it as any different from rockmusic, from where I sat. If it's good, it's good. It's got the same 'Fuck Me'-attitude if it's good.


The full interview is here.....

Currently listening :
The Best of the Parlophone Years
By Dr. John
Release date: By 26 April, 2005

17:01 - 4 Comments - 1 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

(not a groupie)

thank you for bringing this to my attention
:)

Posted by (not a groupie) on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 01:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I LOVE THOM MORE THAN YOU DO....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 01:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


SPIDER

You will probably in a year from now deny ever saying a band thing about these guys...I just know it man.

Posted by SPIDER on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 20:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'll be married to Thom by then...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 20:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: