Friday 29 February 2008

CYNICAL PAIN (NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED)....


Current mood: CYNICAL PAIN...
Category: CYNICAL PAIN... Sports



I like to gamble..

Occasionally, I like to gamble on sports...


After a 4 month gap, I've made 42 separate bets o
n football and rugby over 5 days..

Some were blind and some completely calculated...


I made 3 very calculated selection's on there being a 'Sending Off' in one of 3 of todays football English top flight football games...

I figured that after yesterdays horror leg break for Eduardo



the refs would send one man out of 66 to the changing rooms for the slightest little thing

TO MAKE A POINT!!!

And because that kind of a break marks peoples minds against any kind of on field violence - real or imaginary....


'The incident in which he broke his leg was so horrific that television stations declined to show the replay, although Sunday's News of the World had graphic photographs on its inside pages.



Well, my cynical bets didn't pay off....

But my covering bets mean I'm running a 23% profit...

For now...


Currently listening :
The Creole Reggae
By Various Artists
Release date: By 28 September, 2004

21:25 - 4 Comments - 3 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Mog Hartley

Ooh! Nasty!

Posted by Mog Hartley on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 00:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's fucking horrible - but completely fascinating at the same time..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 00:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


CODE SELFISH

I know this might sound strange-but I feel a little sorry for the lad (Taylor) who did the challenge-I really think it was too hard and VERY mistimed-he was at loan at Norwich for a few months & we were sorry to see him go-obviously anyone in their right mind's thoughts are gonna be for Eduardo, but I'm just worried Taylor's life is going to be a living hell now-Wenger's comments I thought were really irresponsible-he should have taken stock of the situation more before he said what he said. Last year Stephen Hunt of Reading got death threats & potential lawsuits against him for a similar, & I believe accidental challenge..

Posted by CODE SELFISH on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 07:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

I'd say there are 20 or 30 similar challenges made each and every weekend by top flight players. Unfortunately this one hit the exact wrong spot and caused horrendous damage...

Far worse was that Roy Keane one on Alfie Inge Harland - that was completely deliberate

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, February 25, 2008 at 10:53
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: