Saturday 2 February 2008

PAUL GIOVANNI CHANGES HIS CLOTHES....



Current mood: CLEAN....
Category: CLEAN.... Music



Oh Jesus...

I'm gonna slightly alter my view...

Yes boss, I was sent this
DJ Tiesto LP aroundabout this time last year. I then wrote the following for cdtimes.co.uk...


DJ Tiesto
Elements of Life


What's the big idea with DJs like Tiesto??

Shit, I don't wish to belittle anyones job, but DJaying in such technotropic times is childs play isn't it??

I mean there are DJs who can create something new and fantastic - that can build and break a room of drugged and sweaty fools into a frenzy dance of ecstacy and ridiculous chaos, but these folk are few and far between and I'm not at all sure Tiesto is onesuch, despite the claims, and the fact that the son of the guy who organises the Olympics's is a fan.


Yes boss, I reckon that if we're being honest, we have to agree that most DJs just play records one after the other, reflect in the glory of the original tracks and steal all the girls at the end of the night because they've read their minds and played the songs written therein.....

Anyway, this is Tiesto as producer rather than superstar mixjobbler and about the best I can say for this LP is that it's alright...

You can check the dance/trance boxes if you like:

Vague, spacey slightly pretentious, poncey title: CHECK!

Half decent and (some 3/4 decent) pop dance titles that if they were made by Heavy Metal bands would be called 'I wanna know what love is' or 'November Rain': CHECK!

Reverby keyboard and synth sounds: CHECK!

Lyrical Requests such as 'Do you feel it??': CHECK!

Will sell millions and sell out misquilions of stadiums/superclubs: CHECK!

So, sure if you like Dance/Pop/Trance, you'll love Tiesto and be partly reponsible for his massive wealth and fame. Otherwise you'll probably consider Elements Of Life to be tea time washing up music at best..


Well, it's not a bad piece of writing for my 4th or 5th review, but it's hardly a beeping endorsement of Mr T now is it..???

However, as I was lying in my bubble bath this last hour, I found Elements Of Life coming out of the speakers and I would have to say I mostly enjoyed it....

Yes boss, today I have a 1 o'clock with the PR company and then an hour and halfs massage at 2.15pm, and as I lay back in the bath considering my strategies for both these highly important events (whilst trying to blow the clusters of bubbles around the bath in a strategic, strong and telling way) I couldn't help but think...

Yeah, I'm quite liking this...



Currently listening :
Elements of Life
By DJ Tiƫsto
Release date: By 10 April, 2007

10:28 - 4 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Don't forget to dry behind your ears...

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 02:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 02:14
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

oh, and do as mrs. g says and have a shower after that bath, after all you've been sitting in your own dirt.

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 03:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The bath had bubbles in it - that's good enough for me....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 03:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: