Monday 10 December 2007

VARIOUS THINGS...


Current mood: WOOOOO!!!!
Category: WOOOOO!!!! Music



I was thinking I might have a quiet night...

Yes boss, I was feeling calm, already acomplished and unwilling to plunge the litre bottle of Brandy, 4 cans of beer or box of wine into quick service.

Instead I put on a playlist of Norken, Animal Collective, Amorphous Androgynous & Synetics, drank Cranberry Juice and started reading the autobiography of controversial football legend, pundit and wordsmith Ron Atkinson..

But fucking hell, Animal Collective are a bit fesity aren't they?!

That Strawberry Jam LP is a pretty vicious number in places anyway, and since I saw them play The Astoria I've had this idea they're almost ambient and therefore go well with Cranberry Juice and sobriety - but they don't at all...


So, now I've started, I don't have too much idea as to what I'm saying here other than that Animal Collective drove me to it....


HOW ABOUT SOME NEWS UPDATES???

Well, Amy Winehouse is back in Camden for a night or two and todays pictures are of her getting undressed in the back of a taxi...

I'm increasingly of the opinion that this could well be planned hype to sell records. Indeed if I hadn't known it was genuine picture, I'd have believed that piccie of the bag of drugs in the boot of the car was a set up...

A couple of nights previously there was the pics of her holding a jumper over her nose to prevent the previous nights pics of 'a strange white' powder up her nose being repeated - but it's all getting a bit too pantomime to be believeable..

I reckon she's clean and fine, writing songs, having a laugh and selling records...


MORRISSEYISM

I started reading the full piece in The NME - the piece that suggests His Highness to be the holder of unpleasant views on immigrants - and to be honest I reckon it's twisted.

Sure he said one or two things, but I reckon he was trying to say

'Look, there are people who think this way and I understand their point...'


I reckon the NME were stalking for a story. I mean have you seen the editor??

..

He looks like a proper smart young CUNT!! And if you want to know my preference - it's with Morrissey all the way..

Yes boss, I'm impressed Mr M has started stalking The NME with lawsuits. More high quality popstars shold piss in the face of The NME. They do more to dumb down the musical world than any other rag I know of...


SATURDAY NIGHT


Well next week could well be a humdinger - Mrs Mafiosa is off to Italy and I'm staying here to hold the fort.

Of course, I have all these plans for debauched orgies, but I'm increasingly thinking I might be more inclined to sit in and watch a few days cycle racing before heading to Scotland to meet up with my Prepatoré for some heavy training in the mountains...

Before i get that far, I'm doing The Luminaire on Saturday for The Starling Publicity & Shifty Disco Xmas Party/10 Year Anniversary Party...

It'll go one of two ways...

I'll either turn up completely drunk, insult and fight with the NME Vs Art Rocker DJs until removed...

OR

Be very mild, watch them all, plan their destruction, then go and watch the Ricky Hatton VS Floyd Mayweather fight.....



Currently listening :
Spook Tinsel Shoal
By Metamatics
Release date: By 12 September, 2000

23:45 - 10 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle!!!

An update on the Morrissey versus NME kerfuffle... http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_071203_02

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 01:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

HALLELUJAH!!

I'm nothing if not a turncoat...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 01:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


caroline

christmas is coming and with it the 6 day indoor bycicle race here in zürich where you are just drinking beer and eating hot dogs for 6 days...
to be honest I've never done it but some of my friends are getting ready for it... but you probably have something like that in england every weekend....
best, c

Posted by caroline on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 06:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The Six Day races are laregly a Mainland Europe phenomena and don't happen here even though The UK has a great pedigree with track cycling. I like the history of them - it used to literally be a case of non stop amphetamine fuelled racing for 6 days..

I'd certainly like to go to one - such things are on my list of things to do...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 10:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Naomi

I am pleased that you are beginning to see the light, paul x

Posted by Naomi on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 13:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I was reading today that one of Morrisseys first (perhaps first ever) letter published in The NME was critquing Sparks 'Kimono My House'...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 17:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

Hmm Pictures of Amy in a cab has the smell of staged and posed especially as Mitch her father is of course a Taxi Driver, so it could well be one of his mates in the trade or her dad's cab that the photos are shot in!
Oh and speaking as a cab driver who once had Richard Gere get in the back of my cab in the basement car park of the Dorchester hotel where he then lay on the filthy floor for the whole journey so no one would see him!! I can say I would have willingly flogged pictures of that if I'd had a camera with me at the time, but it was pre camera phones.......

Posted by simon on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 18:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Those pictures would have memorable and sold for good money - all sorts of stories could have been spun into Gere in the dirt..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 18:53
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany the lass à la piratepods

add to the list ...
sunday morning - listen to the colossus podcast ... it should be up in 24 hours !!!

Posted by tiffany the lass à la piratepods on Saturday, December 08, 2007 at 04:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's added...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, December 08, 2007 at 11:10
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: