Friday 28 December 2007

23 PROBLEMS...


Current mood: SALVATION....
Category: SALVATION.... Music



Strange things happen when you fuck about with sacred concepts 23..

I had Casa Hasa Giovanna 01 ready all week - I've had it on headphones as perfect, and after completing the last adjustments set about the final FINAL adjustments and compression to mp3 for tonights release @ 23.23pm...

My brother was on his way, which left me no further editing time.

I play it through and the last track has somehow edited itself into not just the 3 introductions more than 10...?!?

It's inexplicable, because I never touched the ending...


So, I finally fix that (though I have no idea how) and then I upload....

I immediately download my own copy, but don't have time to listen to it.


Now, close to an hour after release, I listen to find one the crucial early sounds has inexplicably mutated itself?!? Again - I didn't even touch the begining....

I'm fixing it and will upload the correct version just as soon as I've checked through the rest for computer folly flim flam foibles...

So, those of you quick on the trigger will have a rarer and shittier version than everyone else, featuring a rather slowy boat sound, rather than a quaint and beautiful boat chugging sound...

AHOY!!

Currently listening :
Lifeboat
By The Sutherland Brothers
Release date: By 27 January, 1998

01:06 - 13 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

R

I didn't notice anything obviously wrong at the beginning...so I'll stick with the rare shit version (it might be a future classic)... ))

Posted by R on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

When it's ready, download the second version and the difference a tiny sound can make will become more than obvious...

Shit, I was about to rest back and enjoy it and I found this incomprehensible difference.

I think Trevor's more clever than he appears and is fucking with my head...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:10
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

I wouldn't trust any fish with teeth...and I'll listen to the amended version but I bet you I can't even tell the difference...

Posted by R on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I bet you can...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

...I bet you I fucking can't. And are you posting a new link in a new blog post or are you amending the original link? I'm trying not to click around so much....

Posted by R on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm repeating the first one with the correct link - the old one will remain with the incorrect link...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 01:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

Hokeydoke... ))

Posted by R on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 02:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

SPLASH!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 02:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

Right then...YES I COULD spot the barely discernible difference between the boat noises. And I have to say...the correct version is the massive-bollocked daddy of all boat noises - simply THE BEST boat noise I have ever heard, or will ever hope to hear again for a VERY long time...

Posted by R on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 16:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

EXACTLY!! Which is why I was so furious with the Mongrel Computers Inc for fucking with it...

It's by far and away the best boat noise I've ever heard..

The other one sounds horrible - like some kind of mid to late 80s substandard industrial dirge band..

Indeed, though I thought I might originally keep it as a download option, that original mis-issue has now been discontinued - there are 5 copies in circulation...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 16:41
[Remove]


Mog Hartley

erm! I only count four!

Posted by Mog Hartley on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 09:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

4??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 09:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Ah!! Of course - 4 problems...

The other 19 are yet to manifest themselves...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 24, 2007 at 09:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: