Friday 14 December 2007

3 BIGGISH LPS AND ONLY ONE WORKS...


Current mood: WAITING....
Category: WAITING.... Music


The Klaxons. LCD Sound System & Animal Collective produced 3 big and hotly rated alt.LPs of 2006/7...

I didn't like any of them on the first play and I still don't like 2 of them...


The Klaxons Myth of the Near Future is just plain jane indie with a couple of synths bolted on.

Yes boss, these boys have no solidity of character or serious craziness. It's an early 20's act full of the rampant joy of drug addled youth, but it doesn't and won't hold up overtime.

These boys'll all have mortgages by the time they're 30 - apart from the one member who'll become a junkie of some kind...


LCD Sound System - Sound Of Silver is the opposite.

This one sounds too calculated and too middle aged. It's knowing and really quite dull. It's a triumph of experience and sustained dilligent effort over exuberance and fire...


Animal Collective's Strawberry Jam is the only one I rate.

It continues to draw me in. I thought it dull and anti climactic to start with, but the more i hear it the more i hear in it. It's a complicated work and one I find very difficult to do anything with except keep playing...


But you all know that my favourite of the 3 isn't even any of these three it's this one.




I'm a boring cunt for repeating my plugs for this LP, but it's a great LP and it pains me to see it bubble under, whilst the likes of the 3 above are lauded as being something they're largely not...



Currently listening :
The Underground Spiritual Game
By Fela Kuti
Release date: By 07 September, 2004

02:51 - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Clinker

I like all three (four)!

Posted by Clinker on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 14:50
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: