Friday 14 December 2007

MORE BITES AND CHUNKS...


Current mood: WAITING....
Category: WAITING.... Music




Shit, I'm supposed to be at
The Starling Publicity Xmas party, but I never made it out the house. The bands on show don't tick my boxes and the prospect of mixing with people in the 'business' is the kind of thing that can only be done when one is fully and totally focused on the job in hand and preparred to pull and cajoule - or else it's plain dull and sadening...


This doesn't mean an early night..

No boss, I'm going to be up till god knows when waiting for this damn fight to start..

Incase anyone gives a shit, I'm going for 'Pretty Boy' Floyd Mayweather to win on points or a late knockout..

Yes boss, I've been closely following the build up and have studied previous fights by both fighters. But despite all this, I was completely unclear until last night as to where my money was going..

The thing that flicked it was that crowd adulation for Hatton and his whoooping of said crowd at the Weigh In. I think he's peaked that little bit too soon. Furthermore, I get the impression that the Pretty Boy likes having it up him - that being the enemy is what makes him tick.

I also have great difficulty in backing a big Oasis fan..

And besides, though we might love sports here in the UK, these days we generally prefer to get very close to victory and then loose.

It really is all about the taking part...


Anyway, other than dipping into the fight hype and listening to the football, it's been a day of rampaging through some of the music I've accumalated this last year, alongside neatly sorting out the overview plan for the 23 episodes of my new radio pobble
Casa Hasa Giovanna..

CHG is taking very good shape. It's one of those ideas that's been dead easy to knock into line and I'm really looking forward to getting on with it...


So, whilst we wait, here's 3 quick reviews of stuff I've ripped through today on the way to clearing some space...


Bjork
Volta
Atlantic/WEA

This one's a bit boring. I've loved Bjork all the way up until Vespertine but then felt she became a parody of herself. The lyrics made me cringe and the production was too damn cliched.

This newer one is just boring. She's running over the same ideas, the clever collaborations - but it all sounds tired to me. I think she's trying too hard to be clever, intelligent and credible. There are no great tunes, the tracks meander and the collaborations don't excite..


Calvin Harris
I Created Disco
Sony

NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T!!

This is a bad joke of an album. Neither well put together, clever or good sounding. I give it a very firm thumbs down on every possible level...


Philip Glass
Mishima
Nonesuch

The first track is pretty decent, but none of the rest stands out. It's pretty standard Philip Glass and certainly not the best to start with if you're new....

For that, I'd vote for 1000 Airplanes On The Roof at a large volume prefably when very heavily stonned..


OK...


Currently listening :
From the Archives, Vol. 3
By The Future Sound of London
Release date: By 30 July, 2007

17:29 - 16 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

I luv that Wonderwall song by Oasis, init?It is just so wonderific! I remember the first time I 'eard it on the radio. I were like twelve or sumfink doin' me 'omework after school. The song started messing and I just fell in luv wiv it. I begged Mumma for the bloomin' CD but she wouldn't buy it for me. I nearly starved meself ter deaff savin' me lunch brass for the next two weeks so I could cop it.

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Oh jesus...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

HHAAAAAhahahaahaHHhahahahahahhaahAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA.........

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:23
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Oh jesus...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

Anyway...I'VE GOT MUSICAL OPINIONS:

I think you're being a bit harsh on Calvin Harris...

Bjork's gradually disappeared up her own swan-feathered ass...

Never heard of the other fella...

(Is the boxing on yet??)

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

All Calvins songs sound the same. One or two have half clever punchlines and the rest are copies of those... I do like the way he talks in interviews, but I don't like his music thus far..

I'd love Bjork to get back to something light and fun - Big Time Sensuality is a huge tune. What happenned to that side of her???

Philip Glass is a contemporary classical composer - were you brought up in a barn or what????

(The Boxing doesn't start until 4am or later - I watched the Amir Khan fight, but as per usual it left me feeling robbed of a spectacle (72 seconds doesn't constitute a fight))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 02:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

Brought up in a barn?? Pretty much describes it, yeah.

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 03:17
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Are you the messiah???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 17:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

I'm eagerly anticipating the fight. I would love Hatton to win of course but I think you might be right. Although I think He will lose for cuts.
Bjork I'm a huge fan but Volta I liked it to start with but Now I've listened to it I am on the verge of hating it. Vespertine is amazing though and Medulla I didn't like at all but it has grown on me.
Calvin Harris Pah!
Phillip Glass double Pah. both blaggers.

Posted by Mog Hartley on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 04:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

As expected Hatton had plenty of guts and effort, but looking at some of the other fights made me feel sure Mayweathers skills were far superior..

I've not heard Medulla - I'll have to get onto that one....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 14:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

on bjork: medulla is, hands down, my favorite. in fact, it's the only album of hers i'll feel like listening to anytime soon. mike patton tends to lend style and substance to most things he touches. and he once helped steal her fish and make it famous.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 08:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

My favourite LP is Homogenic and then Debut...

What's this about Patton and the fish??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 15:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

This all reminds me I still have to get a surround sound system to listen to the surrounded box set.

Posted by Mog Hartley on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 17:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I keep thinking I should get a surround set up...

I heard one about 10 years ago and it was shit. I guess they've improved..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 17:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

faith no more stole bjork's fish and put it at the end of the "epic" video.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 19:19
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen w.k.

sounds like bullshit...

Posted by stephen w.k. on Sunday, December 09, 2007 at 23:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: