Friday 14 December 2007

SCRAMBLED....


Current mood: OOPY DO...
Category: OOPY DO... Music



is how my brain feels...

I've been sleeping all day, after taking in the fight last night on the radio (visuals courtesey of the PGC dream factory) Now I'm not too sure where we are...

To add to this, I've taken to reading 14 year old copies of The NME..
Tupac & Kurt are still alive and chatting about their plans for the future, and old boys Orbital are firmly on the up and up..


Orbital are a great act.

I never liked them much until recently - the regimented groove annoyed me, but now I love it..

Orbital are one of the bands I'd most like to see LIVE and now they don't play LIVE anymore. All being well, they'll surely do so again at some point and I'll have to pretend I've never had a problem with comeback tours...


Been listening to CSS. They're a bit one dimensional for my liking. Like todays version of
Elastica. It's OK as far as it goes, but it doesn't go very far. They'll manage one or two more LPs and then bore themselves out of the game...


Also been working my way through the Sparks back catalog so as to decide which of the 21 shows to go to next summer...

Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins is about my favourite LP at the moment - there seems to be some kind of story to it, but I don't understand this story just yet...

But boy, do the Pet Shop Boys owe Sparks a million or two!!

Yes boss, I've been playing the respective discogs side by side and whereas I used to think the PSB were pretty neat and unique sounding, they sound tree wooden copycats next to the versatility and grooves of Sparks..


Oh and one more thing..

The latest PIRATEPODS interview with the one and only Colossus is now up and available for your ears.

It was completed in London a month or so ago when I had the dubious pleasure of hosting 2 PIRATEPODS reps here on Fish Island for a series of important business meetings ..

Yes boss, I had
Paloma and Mary Jane staying here on Le Fish and good work was completed. They're lovely people and consumate tourists - but I honestly think they should cut back on their drinking - I really don't want to have to perform an intervention...

Anyway, click the pp logo to hear it...





Currently listening :
North Star
By Philip Glass
Release date: By 05 May, 1995

23:28 - 27 Comments - 16 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

DANX GROD!

I saw Orbital live 3 or 4 times. I can't be sure now cause of the haze... of my brain. I've been to a few festivals they played and I saw them on a double bill with the lo-fi allstars.

They were very good... Orbital, that is.

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm envious city arizona on Orbital...

I saw the Lo Fi Allstars play a few times - I loved them, but they fucked up their big chance with their personal issues and I hate bands who do that...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

I've travelled around the US, so I saw Orbital in a few different places.

But, if I recall, the show with the Allstars was in Phoenix, Arizona.

I did, however, see Meat Beat Manifesto here in Tucson at Club Congress.

Man, that was fuckin AWESOME!

Small venue, great sound.

1st chance for me to see a video mixer in action. The sounds of the music were synced to a Video Kaos pad that was controlling not only the sound, but the video shown as well.

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Sounds ideal...

There's been plenty of criticisms of LIVE Techno shows, but a good one can very easily blow one's head off - drugs or no drugs...)))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

There are definitely some who know how to put together a live show.

I saw the Chemicals this past Sept in NY. That was another mind ripping show.

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 03:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I've seen the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury, but they didn't blow my mind.

I felt the songs were a touch too long and there was a lack of fluidity.

This was in the late 1990's

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 03:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

Lovely blogging, discreet kudos in the post.

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I like this structure. Dipping in and out with opinions is a lot more fun than doing the standard review thing...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

Yeah...that whole standard review thing...it's soooo early 2007...))

Dipping in and out is the future...

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

OH YEAH!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 01:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

Saw Orbital at Glastonbury 95. they where on before Pulp so I did lot's of drugs and managed to get fairly close to the stage. After about half an hour It just wasn't happening for me. so I trwaled my way out and sat in the field further up and watched the light show which was more satisfiying. Pulp where fucking brilliant though!

Posted by Mog Hartley on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I was at that Glastonbury, but I didn't see either band...(((((

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 00:49
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

PG is a lovely person too. Lovely, and a LIAR. MJ and I do not drink too much. In fact, if i was a more seasoned drinker, I would not have puked on the train platform. If I remember correctly, PG staggered about the streets of Brick Lane en route to a bagel shop. I had to ask him, "Are you OK?" several times because I thought he might fall over. MJ will vouch for me.

Other than his drinking binges, I think he makes a fine business partner. And, thank you PG for introducing us to Colossus.

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 01:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'VE NEVER STAGGERED IN MY LIFE!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 01:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

i will vouch for paloma :: pg is lovely but DID stagger...and cling to some walls.
& i could run circles round you during a so-called intervention...im a grand drinker and wont be brought down !!

Posted by maryJane on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'll see you in rehab...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

I think Sparks are always criminally underrated.

And this is probably one of the most hilarious videos ever:

Posted by Emily on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 01:53
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

I remember seeing this many years ago, but it had been relegated to the back corners of my mind, until now.

For years, I have seen the new wave Hitler guy in my subconcious, never quite sure if he existed or was a figment of my burned-out psche. Now I know.

Thanx for posting!

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Completely wonderful...!)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 02:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 09:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Mmmmm

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 01:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I saw Orbital at Glastonbury twice 94 & 95. Both were awesome. They used to do this mash up thing with Bon Jovi and Belinda Carlisle, which is much better than it sounds. I also saw them support The Shamen about 91....which wasn't so memorable. It was just before The Shamen lost it.

Posted by Clinker on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 15:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I never saw The Shamen either...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 16:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

thanks for the plug

Posted by piratepods on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 10:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

the ship owes you a pint or some rum ... which one do you want ?
wtf -- let's have both. cheers.

Posted by piratepods on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 10:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah, both should cover it...)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 11:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Naomi

Sparks! *whispers* Propaganda - it's the best one...

Posted by Naomi on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 12:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: