Monday 10 December 2007

1b says the hat...


Current mood: EARLY AMBIENT...
Category: EARLY AMBIENT... Music



It's another evening of cranberry juice and ambient music that could be corrupted at any moment...

I've gone back to the start of the genre today: Another Green World by Brian Eno & Low by David Bowie as well as a more recent Matthew Herbert LP called Score - all are very interesting records that more than last the distance...

The problem I find with many contemporary LP's of all genres is that they don't.

Yes boss, of all the new records I've heard this year, only they came from the stars vs reality, The Playground Slap, Deadbeats Journeymans Annual and The Van Allen Belts Meal Ticket To Purgatory stand, grow and develop with each play. Some of the rest have an initial punch, but they soon fade or remain on the same average level throughout..

This could simply be due to my not hearing enough of the right records - or it could be an internet inspired trend that i will no doubt try and claim to have seen first...


So what else is new??

Well, I saw tourists on Fish Island today. They were taking a picture of the plaque on the sewer that goes on to run below my back end of glass. This sewer is fucking huge. It takes all of Londons shit out East and was part of the original sewerage system of London as laid out by a Mr Basiljet way back when..

"Is Dace a Fish?" one of the tourists asked the 3 others as I passed.

I was carrying a large carrier bag containing 2 fish ornaments for the tank and a long, thin and protuding metal pike fish coat hook rack...

"Yes it is! And this is Fish Island!!" I answered without loosing a beat..


Casa Hasa Giovanna 1-23

Casa Hasa Giovanna is coming monthly as from January 23rd 2008.

This'll be my monthly radio show distributed on mp3 from my new website that finds itself under vague and initial construction as we don't speak.

Each episode will last for 69minutes and 23 seconds and will be full of me farting about playing great music and improvising sound.

Basically, I have the impresion that people aren't trying hard enough with this craze called podcasts. Most are just shitty radio shows or straight up DJ mixes. I'm therefore stepping in to save the genre...

Each Casa Hasa Giovanna will be unique and doubtlessly hugely collectable in years to come, so make sure you download them when they become hot and by all means bootleg them to fuck....


Oh, and can someone please shoot the Spice Girls?? I'd do it myself but I'm a coward...



Currently listening :
Low
By David Bowie
Release date: By 28 September, 1999

22:49 - 9 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle!!!

I very much look forward to hearing your podcasty business...I need some fun and bouyancy during the bleak mid-winter.

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 23:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

DAMN RIGHT!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 00:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle!!!

Will the podcasts include classic tracks such as 'waiting for the pan to boil' and other gems from the Waiting back catalogue?? Enjoyed that one immensely, although it felt a bit like eavesdropping.

Posted by MollyCoddle!!! on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 00:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes..there will be a smattering of waiting recordings and maybe even a waiting special...

"CAN I PUT THE BLOODY SWEETCORN IN NOW?!"

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 00:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Brian Eno invented Ambient music after a night with one too many (is there such a thing) girls (6 apparantly at once) and his lung collapsed. Whilst in hospital a visitor stuck a classical record on and left him to it. The record was at at the wrong slower speed and barely audible. He couldn't get out of his bed to sort it out and what he heard formed the basis for his ambient collection. In fact what he heard is side 2 of discreet music.

Happy accidents

Posted by Clinker on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 23:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

This story is giving me ideas for Casa Hasa Giovanna...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 00:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

you have a lot of time on your hands. looking forward to the podcast.

p.s. i am enjoying my custom cd very much and find new gems on it every day!

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 01:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

There are few things I enjoy more than having time on my hands...

I was thinking about that disc a minute ago as I was browsing for giovanna tracks. I was thinking I should have put more Lee Scratch Perry on it...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 01:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

you will not convert me, so it is a good thing you didn't.

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 01:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: