Wednesday 5 December 2007

HATFUL OF FAG...


Current mood: BURNT..
Category: BURNT.. Music



I got a copy of Hatful of Hollow by The Smiths on vinyl for £4..

It was so cheap because it has a cigarette burn that covers and destroys the track Accept Yourself

I have a collection of this kind of thing...



Currently listening :
Hatful of Hollow

01:21 - 22 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Ren

Kudos x a million.

Posted by Ren on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 01:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's a bit like collecting photographs of car crashes...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 01:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Which adds up, because I did my degree dissertation on Andy Warhols Death & Disaster pictures...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 02:10
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

But I'm not a morbid person - I just feel a responsability to see what's there...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 02:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

And I like to talk to myself..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 02:35
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

It might be the best conversation you'll have all day...

Posted by Ren on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 00:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It usually is..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 00:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

Well, you won't be surprised at all, this is one of my favorite records. Here's to bright and cheerful tunes!

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 03:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

As with the Floyd this sounds stunning and completely different on vinyl to how I remember it on MP3..

What difference does it make?
It makes none..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 09:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

r u able 2 listen 2 the rest of it ok? One of my fave L.Ps also.But I'd keep it quiet about listening 2 pink floyd if I were u ...lol! :)

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 04:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The rest is absolutely fine and though I listened through most of it once, I'm on my 9th spin of Floyd...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 09:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

you'll b doing bongs next and taking hawkwind seriously...lol! when I was at 6th form I used 2 have a coupla spliffs and get the serious giggles.I found that the older boys took exception 2 this as they werent gonna get laid my giggling had no 'point' 2 it,so they used 2 throw cassettes and lighters and things at me to try to get me to shut up.This just made matters worse.They also took Led Zeppelin seriously.Hence all these progish bands are tainted 4 ever.:(

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 10:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

This is what happens when you hang out with boys..

You should have taken those spliffs home, got yourself some pink floyd on the record player and dived in..)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 12:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

I lived with my stepmum at the time and my Dad was working away,so I wanted 2 b where it supposedly was at.Btw I dreamt about u last night (and I fell out of bed twice.....reel around the fountain...the smiths) u were one of batmans arch rivals...you had a Vince Noir electro boy type outfit,and a silver streak thru your hair and you did loads of charlie...lol...straight up! i was thinking I'd befriended the wrong guy!Then I woke up and everything was back 2 normal x

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 13:23
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

IT WASN'T A DREAM!!!

I really am one of Batmans arch rivals (HE'S A WEBBY WINGED FREAK!!) I do have a Vince Noir electro boy type outfit (HANDMADE) and a silver (solid) streak thru my hair..

However, I only dream of doing loads of charlie..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 13:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

thats what they all say *sniffs* They'll just have 2 come aboard my ship and see what I've got in my handbag.See,in the dream I could handle the appearance,it was the attitude! lol xxx

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 13:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

i have this charming man ... or was that when he was solo ?

Posted by piratepods on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 00:35
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

That'll be The Smiths as far as I remember though I can't claim to be an authority on such matters..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 00:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

The smiths were really the pioneers of indie music,anything that could b considered emo today,and Morrissey had a terrific sense of humour despite them being labelled as depressing.Also....Johnny Marrs guitar playing was a great influence on the likes of John Squire

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 05:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

that's one of the resons i love the smiths, the lyrics are funny as shit!!

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 17:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Double funny lyrics - but I've never seen or heard of Morrissey laughing

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 17:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

They were looking for a job, and then they found a job
and heaven knows they're miserable now

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, November 25, 2007 at 13:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: