Friday 28 December 2007

THE SONG SHOULD NEVER REMAIN THE SAME....


Current mood: AWAKE!!!!!
Category: AWAKE!!!!! Music



So, the news is that the
Spice Girls 'SOLD OUT in 38 Seconds' Reunion tour isn't quite as sold out as has been claimed...

No boss, word has it that there were empty seats on the very first night of this oh so hotly anticipated £$£$£$ fest and even more vacant chairs on the second night..

Now, why any cunt would wish to see these frazzled old dears gyrate is really beyond me. I mean walk around with some pop impressarios arm RIGHT UP YOUR FUCKING ARSE PULLING OUT YOUR KIDNEYS WHY DON'T YOU?!!?

"Tell me what I want what I really really want!! GIRL POWER!! RARARARAAAAAA"

CUNTS!!!


And whilst we're on the topic, if I have to look at these tragic old farts one more time, I'm gonna puke...



Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but Page & Plant currently look like Gandalf and Frosty The Snowman back for one more swing around the monkey puzzle tree - at least John Paul Jones has some fucking decorum about his look.

I'm sure many of you may well disagree with me on this one, but to be perfectly honest, I'm sick of this
'Led Zeppelin are still important today' thing already and they've only played one fucking show of what looks increasingly likely to be yet another around the world money spinner....

Indeed to be perfectly frank, I don't care how good people say Zep were back in the day, or how many people want to see them play again - in my book Zep were always viciously overated, very well marketed and well managed rock cocks!!

I mean what kind of cunts have a credit cards on the door or you're not coming in policy????

Yes boss, the PG£ opinion on Led Zeppelin is:

MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP OFF back to your tumbledown cottage in the Welsh hills and don't come out until you've made a fucking techno record to rival 'STRAIGHT OUTTA HELL' By
Kevin Saunderson!!!


Now where are my sleeping pills...

Currently listening :
Faces & Phases
By Kevin Saunderson
Release date: By 13 January, 1998

11:54 - 29 Comments - 11 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Purveyor of Nothing

yeah...didnt some sad bastard pay £18000 2 c them as it was 2 b a one off,thing is they would have done the first gig 2 test the water and now they probably want the kudos...oh yeah and THE MONEY.I forgot about that.Never liked Led Zeppelin,never liked the Spice girls but I would consider seeing THE WHO despite it only being 2 of the original members.I did see the sex pistols in '96 at the Phoenix festival and as they had Glen Matlock they seemed 2 b keen on doing proper harmonies and playing the music properley,but I still really enjoyed it.Lydon said that there was something wrong with the crowd...and then it came 2 him 'You're not getting laid...are you'....lol :)

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 12:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

I think that was for charity...

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 21:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It was a gesture, but the world still isn't saved....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:12
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

And if Zep do now go on a worldwide tour you'd think he's gonna be wishing he'd not been quite so impulsive - it was his life savings wasn't it??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 10:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The only reunion show I've ever seen was the KLFs at The Barbican - that one made the point I'm making above...

That said, I did see Page & Plant play at Glastonbury in (1993 I think) - I was young and didn't know any better (though I do remember it being really quite good..)

As for Lydon, I'm surprised he even had to ask - he should know English people never get laid!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 12:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

Led Zep have made some amazing records and some goddam awful ones but not many mediocre ones. And I loved the Spice girls first time round but I'm completley not interested in either now. for the very reasons you give above!

Posted by Mog Hartley on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 13:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I've got most of the Led Zep Lps, but I can't remember the last time I listened to them...

I bought them when young - there was this overwhelming idea they were necesary, but I've never found them so nescesary since I've owned them...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 13:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Apparantly after hearing Spice Girls new single, there were floods of people selling their tickets on ebay and at a reduced price. That brought a smile to my face. There's good in what they achieved (though I didn't like their music at all), but They should leave it at that.

Led Zeppelin were my favourite band years ago, but I didn't enter the lottery. They made some awesome music, brilliant production from Page. The last 2 albums are pretty ropey though. I watched Kashmir from the gig on youtube (surprisingly good quality too) and it was brilliant.

I've seen many re-union gigs some amazing (Pixies, New Order), some good (Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, Echo and the Bunnymen) and....actually I can't think of any crap ones at the moment.

I am really looking forward to My Bloody Valentine (almost coming in my pants!!!) and I will hopefully also see the Verve (with a tear in my eye...er hmm). Those 2 are probably the best of all!!!

I don't want to see Zeppelin. I'm over that....and at least the verve still look good and are making new music, which I think bothered you about re-unions in a very old blog of yours.

Posted by Clinker on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 13:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I have no idea why anyone bought tickets for The Spices, other than nostalgia or because they were told too...

Led Zep were only ever a very well marketed and managed band - the cliche of Rock 'N' Roll...

There's too many good NEW bands for me to get bothered with staying up all night trying to get tickets for has beens...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


(not a groupie)

i'll love led zep forever and ever, but i'll hate robert's album with alison-k forever and ever too. i saw p&p twice in 1998. no need to see them again, but they are my boys. :)

Posted by (not a groupie) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 13:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

They're a rock band, but they were only really ever interested in fucking...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


(not a groupie)

aren't we all?
;)

Posted by (not a groupie) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 04:14
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Paul Giovanni 3rd is ONLY interested in philosophy, charity and the frutherment of mankind....))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 10:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

and writing blogs...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 12:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

and cultivating plants...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 20:14
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Bill

And if Spice Zep wasn't enough, I hear the two remaining Ruttles are gonna give it another go. Just kidding (I hope).

Cheese & Onions,

Bill "Jingle Bells" Benway

sexgunsandmotorcycles.com

Posted by Bill on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 16:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'd like to see Spinal Tap reform for one last world tour of Michigan...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club

Isn't interesting that the Spice Girls sold like 17 million records and nobody will admit to owning one? What happened to them all? They're probably collecting dust somewhere with all the KISS albums...

Gandalf and Doctor Who there have sold more records than anyone else in history. Ever wonder why they need to do a reunion in the first place? I guess they have some creative need of relevancy that needs to be expressed. Or maybe they're just bored...

I can't wait until thirty years from now when you're doing your reunion blogs, PGPoundSign!

Posted by The Cupid Kinkyboots Fan Club on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 18:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The Spice records are all in the bin because they're crap...

I'd love to say I'm gonna be a complete embarassment in my 60's but I'm too fucking stubborn...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

Maybe you're right (maybe???) that they should stay retired.

But, to say they are viciously overrated is plain WRONG!

They were one of the best rock bands ever. EVER!

No one has even come close to Led Zep at their peak.

I can listen to most of their songs today and they sound as good as ever.

So what if you think I am an old fart for listening to "oldies."

If you like psychedelic rock, then there is not much argument that LZ tops the stack.

I saw them a few years back when Page and Plant reunited to do a tour. It was fantastic. They did a acoustic version of Kashmir with indian drummers... amazing!

But to be honest, I see no point in seeing them again. Same as with the Rolling Stones or the Who. Too expensive and too crowded. I'd rather just listen to their albums.

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 21:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I know what you're saying, but I don't agree with it...

Lyrically Zep were generally very poor and cliched - musically much better, but they don't excite me now...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stEvil

nice one. i thought you got shot for saying led zep are crap... at least there's two of us that hold that opinion, i'm sure there are more out there tho.

Posted by stEvil on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 at 22:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

If you look at the lyrics, Stairway To Heaven is a complete load of crap...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

In fact if someone seriously suggested a line like

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen

was part of a classic song today you'd shoot them point blank...

I've never liked the hippy crap in their lyrics at all. I can take it from Syd Barret, but not from cock rock gods like The Zep..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 12:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

i don't dislike zeppelin. kind of indifferent. they were major thieves, though. they're finally reissuing the albums w/ the real authors credited.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Much like The Spice Girls there's a few good singles, but a whole load of wooly headed fake credible filler as well...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 01:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Brigie

have to disagree with you there, i was at the led zep gig, and it was by far the best show i have ever been to, and ive seen a lot of live gigs. they were just incredible. absolutely amazing. there were alot of people who were there obviously alot of annoying social climbers there and even a few empty seats in my row, but all i went there was for the music and it was incredible.

Posted by Brigie on Friday, December 21, 2007 at 11:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Brigie

there is NOONE that compares to them . their musicianship, originality noone these days has anything compared to them. ha sorry for going on but i guess i shouldnt have read this blog, zeppelin were my obsessive band when i was young...

Posted by Brigie on Friday, December 21, 2007 at 11:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well, each to their own...)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, December 21, 2007 at 13:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: