Friday 7 December 2007

4 VINTAGE SINGLES PT2


Current mood: light percussive...
Category: light percussive... Music



Todd Terry
Weekend
Ore Music

I love this!! It's a house party record full of that light poppy synth sound. The Friday Saturday night thing

YEAHUUUUAAAAYYYY!!!! MAYBE I'LL FIND SOMEONE TO SPEND THE WEEKEND YEAHHHHUUUUHHHEEYYYYY!!!

Straight up, honest sounding happy music.

Leave your cares (and brainbox) OUTSIDE!!!


Test Icicles
Boa Vs Python

I've tried hard to like this act for a few years but they don't grab me.

This sounds like Neds Atomic Dustbin or the temporary like...

I'm probably too old and I always end up hating bands that have it there on a plate and then chicken out - whatever their reasons...


They Came From The Stars I Saw Them
It's Time
TINAE

It's Time is one of my least favourite Stars tracks, which doesn't mean it's bad so much as it's not (in my book at least) completely excellent...

(are you searching for) The Motherlode is however a diamond and though this b-side recorded version is good, this is the kind of track that has to be felt LIVE for the full and proper effect...


Underworld
Born Slippy
JBO

I always thought Trainspotting was hugely overrated. It's not a bad film, but it's far from brilliant and I get tired of The UK pretending it's film business is a proper act that can play games on Holywood...

Pearls Girl almost blew my head off but this one doesn't..

And whatever happenned to
Alex Reece??


1300 Drums Feat. Unjustified Ancients Of Mu
OOH! AHH! CANTONA
Big Life

Was it the The KLF?? I fuck'n dout it, though as I understand it Big Life is owned or influenced by Youth who was in the band Brilliant (Guitarist: Jimi Cauty)

Novelty pop - not exceptional in any way, but finding a promo copy this last week reminded me of the importance of having a go..


Currently listening :
So Far
By Alex Reece
Release date: By 24 September, 1996

01:03 - 4 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Clinker

Youth was also in the original Killing Joke and was responsible for that Naked in the Rain song (by Blue Pearl?).

I agree Pearls Girl pisses all over Born Slippy. So does most of their first album.

Posted by Clinker on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 at 10:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah, I think Born Slippy is one of the weaker tracks on that LP...

Youth has had more fingers in pies than Tom Tom the Bakers Son...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 at 11:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I manage to actually smile the WHOLE way through 'It's Time'...this is something that rarely or never happens! ))))))

Posted by Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 at 14:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I've heard a few people say it's one of their favourites...

Brace yourself for the new version which'll be on the New New LP in April...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 at 17:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: