Friday 14 December 2007

HINTS FOR BOYS...


Current mood: SLEEPY...
Category: SLEEPY... Music



Today has been muddled. 3 hours sleep, then out and about. Then 1 hours sleep, then out and about - leaving all the essentials here, getting nothing done and loosing a very good hat in highly mysterious circumstances...

Mmmm boss, I have no idea where it went?!? I was wearing two at the time. A traditional; wooly number for ears warmth and a rather lovely felt flat cap that looked very similar to this...



Well, I got into the pub and went to take it off and it wasn't there!!

I was astonished!?!

I mean how in the hell does a hat fall off ones head without one noticing it go???

It could perhaps be in Rough Trade East, or may have fallen off when I was rummaging amidst a pile of unwanted technology, but I couldn't be arsed trawling around after it and instead took a street exchange of a large leather briefcase that was on said pile of unwanted tech.


Unexpected street exchange done, I was walking with said briefcase containing all the flyers I'd previously picked up and a couple of free newspapers and I couldn't help but notice that folk look at you differently when you're carrying a briefcase..

I've noticed this before..

In fact I've noticed 3 things that get the eye attention of passers by - women in particular.

One is to carry a bunch of flowers, another is to wear a suit, and a third is to go for the kind of creative but businessy look (arty jacket + briefcase being an example of this)...


Anyway, enough bullshit.

The best news today is that there's a new BK Ferris LP out and it costs a highly slim $8..

BK Ferris is a big part of the wonderful Van Allen Belt and his solo stuff is proper interesting n'all - so much so I'm preparred to recommend this LP without (thus far) hearing it...

Go here for a sample, or play my current profile song then pop over here and bag yerselves a copy pronto...


As for tomorrow - I'm gonna try and get to the Tate and see something other than the first floor and the gapping crack that excited my chin stroking capacties so on my last visit.




Then in the evening it'll be off to the UCL to see this...





As for tonight, Mrs G's gone to the old country, so I'm off out to trawl around lazy bars and ride on nightbuses wearing my suit, briefcase, arty jacket and a big old bunch of flowers - you never know your luck...


Currently listening :
Danceflaw
By Cursor Miner
Release date: By 18 July, 2006

23:12 - 22 Comments - 10 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Time Traveller

I saw your klone in Maryland... August... swear to god...

Posted by Time Traveller on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 00:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

My clones are everywhere...

When I'm not writing blogs, I'm multiplying...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 00:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen w.k.

you've reaffirmed my hunt for a briefcase, bless.

Posted by stephen w.k. on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 00:31
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Every man needs a briefcase...

However, I reckon wandering about with that red typewriter under your arm and a kind of bo-ho look might be just as if not more fruitful...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 00:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

Briefcase means business, business means capitalist, capitalist means cunt. To truncate the equation, briefcase = cunt.

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 13:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I didn't know it was possible to classify someone so completely by the bag they wear..?!?

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 14:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

(I'd not necessarily recommend sticking your dick in a briefcase, though)

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 14:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Too late...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 14:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

i-pod & manbag look = tosser.Bunch of flowers+ arty jacket= quite discerning.I could do with a new bunch of flowers,my roses are all dried and wilted but I wont throw them till I can replace them.Anemones are my favourite (not sure if you can get them this time of year) and freesias arent bad.But whatever u do,dont get me chrysanths or carnations.They are rubbish 70s flowers for the old and the dead

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 02:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Sunflowers are what I like to buy if I can get them - and look at the effect they have on the ladies...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 03:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

thankyou,that'll do nicely.I never had a bunch of sunflowers....it seems a shame to sut them...but god knows,im worth it xxx

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 10:44
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stacy

nice touch. sunflowers are the best.

Posted by stacy on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 05:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yep - they really do give a sense of the sun when in a room...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 11:35
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany the lass à la piratepods

good luck on the hunt.

Posted by tiffany the lass à la piratepods on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 09:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 11:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

what delights do you have 4 me now?it looks like peanut butter and a mouse trap...I'm not that kinky...try a nice big fat diamong ring and I'll love YOU forever xxx

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 12:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

This is my regular pulling outfit..

Diamond rings are SO pre-feminisim...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 12:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

yeah,like I give a fuck....you're just saying that because you dont think your xmas budget would stretch far enough...and If you got me one they'd ALL want one....as I'm not above flashing the damn thing...lol :)

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 12:58
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I was taken by another Van Allen Belt spin off "Non Stop Everything". If you haven't already, check them out too! I'll check out BK Ferris in a mo'.

Posted by Clinker on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 17:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's all in the same wonderful boat....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 04:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I downloaded loadsa stuff from Soundclick. I like it, but Nonstop Everything does it more for me. Quite KLF in a way. Grand epicness.

Posted by Clinker on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 13:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Definately!! I really like that HUGE EPIC sound - it's all too scarce these days...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 14:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: