Friday 28 September 2007

TODAY....


Current mood: DON’T FIGHT THE POWER SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKER!!!
Category: DON’T FIGHT THE POWER SHOOT THE MOTHERFUCKER!!! Music



I listened to
Public Enemy's Fear of A Black Planet for the first time in many years, and I was amazed to find it sounded completely different to how I remembered it sounding...

So much was this so, that I began to think the world had gone proper funny, or that my HiFi had got tired of it's replication role and had decided to pursue it's own creativity. (It's been a wierd day allround..)

Anyway, I was wondering if anything like this has ever happenned to anyone else...


Currently listening :
Fear of a Black Planet
By Public Enemy
Release date: By 26 July, 1994

1:52 AM - 13 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

stephen

no because i listen to that album at least once a month if not more...

Posted by stephen on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:08 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

What about other records that don't make your playlist so often?

Is there anything you've not listened to for a while and then listened to and thought:

FUCK ME THAT SOUNDS ODD???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:11 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


stephen

as a purely scientific endeavour i today am listening to megadeth's 'rust in piece'. i am twice the age i was when i last listened to this and concur that it does sound different... tho it is, in my opinion, as a result of the years of listening experience that have changed me (the aural observer) thus leaving the original in the same state and placing the blame sqaurely on my old-man self. i hope this helps.

Posted by stephen on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 2:36 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm gonna dig out Rust In Peace in a minute - I remeber that oen as sounding a little too technical..

I'm currently listening to Passion & Warfare by Steve Vai which was one of my favourite LPs of the time..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:41 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

PS: Check out the fantastic Dr Octagon single on my profile - HIP HOPITY HIP HOP PLUS SOME!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:32 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

Did it sound better or worse?

Posted by Emily on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 2:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I would have to say worse.

The tunes didn't sound right and the tracks seemed longer than I remembered them.

I remember Side A gradually building and building into this spasm of energy at the end, but it seemed slow and lacking the urgency I remember it having...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:16 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

this happens to me all the time. sometimes the other way around, sometimes things sound better. sometimes worse. i think is is both psychological and physiological. our heads change, our eardrums change.

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 4:57 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Another possible explanation is I've got used to some of the remixes that were on 'Greatest Misses' and am thinking of them...

I've noticed this kind of thing many times before but more in terms of liking or disliking..

With this it sounds completely different - I don't dislike it - it's just very different...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 5:03 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

i assume we're ruling out all the times w/ the aid of drugs...

Posted by Nonstop Everything on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 5:41 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Not necessarily.

As far as I can remember, I've never found drugs have completely changed a record, though they have added warmth and density..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:20 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

Sort of as I just put on Peps Blod Bands Antiligen cd and I was sure it was an album of Swedish blues and no it's actually an album of Swedish reggae which is far far weirder!!
But time warps the memory and events change our perceptions and what music means to us!

Posted by simon on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 7:54 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I guess the mind sees what it wants to see and hears what it wants to hear...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 8:57 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: