Sunday 9 September 2007

Here’s a great pop band who can write tunes....


Current mood: OPTIMISTIC
Category: OPTIMISTIC Music


Of Montreal








Currently listening :
Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
By Of Montreal
Release date: By 23 January, 2007

9:12 PM - 12 Comments - 9 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

Got my tix. mJ and I will see of Montreal on November 10! Can't Wait!!!!!!

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 9:30 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I missed them this last time around...

Strangely I've been listening to them alongside The Hoaxons and there are definite similarities betwixt the 2 - but i like one and dislike the other..?!

I did however get into OF via Aldhils Arboretum, which sounds nothing like The Hoaxons...

The whole episode has however given me food for thought..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 9:36 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

i'm gonna give the klaxons a listen. you never know...

when i first heard tracks from aldhils arboretum, i was not too interested. but i love hissing fauna...which made me reconsider aldhils even though they are completely different. but, then again, my tastes are known to change for no reason at all.

((for example, i used to HATE radiohead, thought they were shit crap...then one day, i woke up and thought they were the greatest thing. i am back to feeling lukewarm about them.))

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 9:54 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I loved the descriptive meandering lyrics of Ardhils. It's proper countryside music...

I'm naughty downloading The Klaxons full LP now. I hope I don't have to make a full and grovelling Official Apology...

Radiohead leave me completely cold by the way. I can admire some musical aspects, but they make me want to kill myself. I've tried to listen to OK Computer twice and both times I'm about ready to get the knife out and then that Styephen Hawking voice comes on and I have to turn it off or death would be the only way to go..

I'm of the opinion music has to have some optimism about it or else it's worthless...

It's all opinion anyway...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:02 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Actually I love Radiohead and OK Computer. OOh that bit where the bass pedals kick in on Exit Music....makes the hairs on the back of my neck prick up...

I don't feel music has to be uplifting all ofthe time either. I'm a big fan of Lou Reeds "Berlin" and theres not a much more depressing album than that.

I haven't heard much Of Montreal, but what i've heard seems good.

Looking forward to that grovelling apology, but I suspect you don't want to like it now, haha

Posted by Clinker on September 6, 2007 - Thursday at 12:37 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well yes I'm about to run through the LP now. I can be pretty humble when I have to be, so if it's good I'll say so and batter myself in public...

We'll have to agree to disagree on the uplifting bit to the extent that I don't like to hear these LPs. If they exist and are musically good they exist and are musically good, but I won't be listening to them unless I'm having a suicide party..

Talking of which we seem to disagree on a lot which is good...)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 6, 2007 - Thursday at 12:46 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

(stating the obvious but i'll say it anyway) each of us has reasons why something moves us or not. if something can take me to a really dark place, or a bright place then I usually like it because it is really the same thing.

in a perfect world there would be no charts, no ranking of anything or awards of any type...

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:13 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The thing with OK Computer is I'm half liking it, but it's getting darker and more and more moany, but it has merits and if they kicked in with an anthem where the Hawking bit is I'd probably love it, - but instead it goes all suicide city and my finger always presses stop and I have to put on Crazy Frog or Blackbox or something funny to recover...

Anyway, I don't have any answers to anything I just like to mouth off once in a while and at the moment I mouth off about music...

C'est la vie...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:23 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


mark

i saw ok computer a few years back the electric equipment broke down, they were really good just playing music without the effects, went out got he album, was dissapointed

Posted by mark on September 6, 2007 - Thursday at 12:16 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

They've definately got talent - I just wish they'd cheer the fuck up!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 6, 2007 - Thursday at 2:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

lovely :)

Posted by maryJane on September 5, 2007 - Wednesday at 10:05 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany the lass @ piratepods.com

paloma and mJ will have much to say about this band ...

Posted by tiffany the lass @ piratepods.com on September 6, 2007 - Thursday at 8:36 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: