Sunday 9 September 2007

GOLDIE VS SQUIRE WAS GONNA BE HERE BUT NOW YOU’LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE BOOK


Current mood: BOOOBY
Category: BOOOBY Art and Photography



I knew it was gonna happen....

I've got this very insecure way of writing at the moment. I don't use MSword or any kind of WP software. I type all my words straight into this here browser, and when the piece is done I post it.

I trust myspace not to disappear with all my work, and a week or two later, I copy it onto my
blinger blogspot blog and it then sends a copy to my email and then - and only then - do I own a copy of my work on my very own hard drive...

It works well. I like the pressure of my words dangling in unprotected space for a week. I like the everything of it, but I always knew that one day when I was close to finishing a piece, my browser or computer would crash and the whole thing would go

ZZIPPPPP!!!

And it just has, just as it was getting good....

DAMN...(


Yes boss, this piece was a corker of Pippy J GIO journalism. It was detailing (in about 3 hours worth of work) that I went to see 2 art shows this evening:

One was by former Stone Roses guitarist John Squire




And one was by Drum and Bass/Renaissance man
Goldie...





But it wasn't just that, this piece chortled on about how me and my clone boy work this empire so that I'm both wasting mylife on spazzer all day AND seeing the best of this cities culture.

It explained nearly all my secrets of work and efficiency. They were all there in code just waiting to be unravelled by some sad twat with too much time on their hands...

And then ZZIPPP!!!!

GONE....!


Of course one has to be philosophical in such times and I'm good at this...

Yes boss, I was far from sure where that piece was ending. There was almost too much in it to get an immediate thing going. I felt it maybe needed a few days reflection to get the best angle and insight - but these days, I experience, then write the minute I get indoors, and that's what I did...

It's frenetic..


So perhaps this is change time - the time when I stop chasing readers and subscribers with 4 posts a day, and instead return to taking much longer over each piece and fully demonstarting how good I am. Perhaps it's time for the fast food to stop and the wholesome square meals to begin - the sketches to turn into fully painted masterpieces...

No more cheap thrills?

What do you think??

ZIPPPPP!!!



Currently listening :
All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace
By Brave Captain
Release date: By 02 August, 2004

11:52 PM - 6 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

stephen

keep the cheap thrills coming PG!!! i've a week and a half left of being a twenty-something which tells you this... i have an attention span this <--------> long. if you wanna write something massive, save it for the book which i'll eventually check out from the library, or perhaps even buy, but either way will inevitably sit around waiting to be read past chapter 2... which ain't gonna happen.

don't go changing, baby!

Posted by stephen on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 2:31 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The problem with the cheap thrills is they don't pay and they still aren't taken as 'proper writing' because anyone can do a blog and some people appear to figure that blogs can't really contain quality even though many do...

In terms of getting review tickets, I can say I've had 25,000 reads in 6 months, but promoters will laugh because it's a blog and they figure I'm on a con and looking for a free lunch. Meanwhile they'd hand out the tix for some deadend website or mag because it's colaborative, has a pretty layout and has half that readership between 20 writers...

I think it's changing though...

I'm not thinking of a book anyways, maybe some longer magazine aimed pieces. Not sure I see the point though (other than payola)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 2:45 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Gwenanna

Your a Natural! Even David Byrne puts his Blogs out there, and he has many creative vices much like yourself --for some people it's as though their thoughts may not be contained; isn't that what being a writer is all about, total freedom and fearlessness to express yourself, and (communicate)!? Not only that but isn't it sort of your duty to use your talents everyday, so that others may open themselves up because in a sense you are a muse. All a talent would want is to be heard. What ever it is, your gift is absolutely humanitarian, as you lavish your creativity onto many others! I think where ever you decide to go with these changes, it all is going to be taken in honorable strides...

That is all.. Carry On!
Oh and since you probably would enjoy random acts of music at any time of day~ I would love if you went to Zeitgeist page to hear a really Hot song by, Harold Jackson. He's top 2 on my page. No need to be discrete, Play the fuckin' tune!!

Posted by Gwenanna on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 6:05 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I've no doubt the blogs will continue, but I think I'll also work on some more indepth pieces as well..

Blogs 2 a day + 1 bigger and more clever piece a week..)

That I have an audience is very important. That was the whole problem with my nuclear book: no-one was interested and no-one was listening and it did my head right in because it was a brilliant project....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 2:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I like your regular blogging, but it's just my selfish enjoyment. You could be right in that it might water down your talents, but hey you've got to be true to yourself.

I've had a lost Blog after spending an hour writing it, trying to get my true feelings down and its fucking soul destroying.

I say write it in word first and copy and paste it. I resolved to do this, but i'm not very methodical and my last few I haven't actually done this.

I'm surprised you can't blag a free ticket from promoters with that amount of views.

Can you just tell us who you enjoyed most Goldie or Squire. I assume Goldies was graffiti art and squires the Jackson Pollock variety. Yea?

Posted by Clinker on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 10:41 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm sure it is possible to blag a ticket if you're a good blagger. I blag well in the virtual world, but face to face I'm hopeless. My problem with blagging for Paul Giovanni is that I then have to take PG seriously and this will most likely ruin my life...

I could have got in at Goldie if I'd been a good blagger, mind you Mrs G had the best way in and she fucked it up, so it's fair to say neither of us were on great balgging form...

Squires art was disappointing for me and Mrs G suggested 'He should stick to the guitar.'

I didn't see Goldies, I just watched the people going in and the pole dancer in the window..

I'll go and have a look this week and will do a bigger piece in due course...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 7, 2007 - Friday at 2:04 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: