Friday 21 September 2007

FALSE ILLNESS AND MONEY....


Current mood: WOOZY
Category: WOOZY Jobs, Work, Careers



Right....

Alive and well, and back thinking about writing blogs. And my laziness and the stupid schedule of blood tests isn't the best of conditions for concentration, but we'll see how we do from here...

So, I'll start with a very unmusical blog about these Medical Trials, if only to dispell a myth or two, and warm myself up with talk of work and fitness and 23 hundred pounds for lying in bed all day long...

Yes boss, short of getting paid for writing, getting paid to (most likely not) get ill, lounge around on a plastic mattress and read and listen to the cultural backlog is just the kind of work that suits me..

Furthermore, med trials act as Rehab/Detox. Yes, all booze, drugs, caffeine, fags and sometimes even sugar and fruit are off the menu. To pass screening you need to be well clear, and for what can be weeks of outpatient samples, you have to keep so, or risk loosing the loot....

And the loot is good. Like I said, for this trial, it's £2300 ($5600) For that payday, I take the risk that the new untested on humans Hepatitis C drug won't kill or injure me, I spend 10 nights in hospital and visit the ward for an extra 15 early morning blood tests and that's that...23 hundred pounds

It's a gamble, but the whole gamble fits with the philosophy of Giovanni. Indeed PG3 is little more than one big long gamble: I hear good music, I place music judge bets on it doing well, then wait for the bets to mature.

I see x band trading at -8, see they could operate at +8

Odds
Accumulation
Odds
Odds
+16

Music Writing is a shit eating job. You spy on others talent, then catch a ride - but it's also a hell of a lot of work to get right....


Anyway, with medical trials the odds of dying on the spot are in the region of 1,000,000/1. Serious illness
(the like of which those poor bastards who were all over the papers last year) is in the region of 100,000/1 and any kind of long range damage of any kind is in the region of 25,000/1

If you bet on these kinds of odds you're a fool, so if you respect them as a serious threat you're also a fool...

And besides, the number of times, I take chemicals of all kinds into my body out of choice, without pay and without a second thought about the mix, whether they be illegal drugs (full of what and what exactly?) Londons shitty air, artificial foods, dust etc etc


All this said, med trials aren't the kind of thing one wants to make a career of. Indeed, I still hold onto the idea I'll be getting paid for writing my crap soon, though the prognosis doesn't look as good as it did 6 months ago...

No, that's a lie - I have a plan
...)



Currently listening :
Las Vegas Grind, Pt. 3
By Various Artists
Release date: By 02 February, 1999

4:46 PM - 11 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Clinker

My respect to ya. That is a lot of money but...dunno. No drugs? No Alcohol??? No ssmokes??? For weeks!!?

What is that you're listening to, looks interesting.

Posted by Clinker on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 6:58 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I like to detox. I like to hammer things, but I value physical fitness highly as well. I like to be able to cycle up and down mountains as much as party like it's 1999 and it's a difficult balance to strike...

As strange as it may seem, unless I get very unlucky, I figure these trials are the thing that'll save my long term health from the (mostly) booze battering of the rest of the year...

Anyways...YES!! The New Orleans Grind series is something I've just found. There are at least 5 voulmes of chunky old Funk Rock N Roll. A full overview is in the pipeline..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:10 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

...i think i should look into work of this sort for me. maybe to pay off my credit card at least...

Posted by maryJane on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:07 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's harder to get trials if you're female on account of the children issue - they tend to prefer to use men.

There are however some. In fact there's one running at the same unit I'm at the moment that's using women. It's for sleeping pills and there's basically a bunch of people sleeping for 2 weeks for about £2500 - I wish I'd got that one....

I've not paid my credit cards for 3 years. I have £50,000 outstanding and they can't even be bothered to come and pay me a visit...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:44 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

That's what I always said, two places that would be good for me: rehab or the mental ward. Sit around in my PJs and read books. No cooking, no cleanining. But, to get paid, even better...

In all seriousness, I think it is a pretty cool thing to out yourself at risk to test something that could be potentially beneficial to your fellow humans...seems worth the risk. KUDOS, PG! KUDOS!

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:30 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah, I guess there's the do gooding aspect as well...

If I ever get Hep C, I'll be thanking myself...

I honestly think the risks are very minimal. It's also worth remembering that some subjects on every test get placebos. I know I didn't get them on the first 3 trials because I felt the effects, I think it's possible with this one. I felt nothing at all, but then neither did anyone else. I'll see when the dose gets cranked up I guess...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:49 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

oh, and what's your plan?

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:41 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The plan is confrontational.

I'm gonna make them an offer they'd be fools to refuse...

Details will follow after I've made the offer...))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:51 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

I bet you don't even have a plan.

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:54 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I do have a plan. It struck me as I was lying in bed pretending to be ill...

It's a sink or swim plan. I need one good forward thinking and clever editor who understands that good quality writing not good quality adverts makes a mag memorable and essential...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 13, 2007 - Thursday at 7:56 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Hijackalope

sign me up! maybe they can cure that eyeball that has been growing on me back side

Posted by Hijackalope on September 14, 2007 - Friday at 12:00 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: