Friday 28 September 2007

I AM A DISCO DANCER....


Current mood: RECOVERING...
Category: RECOVERING... Music



To celebrate Indias win in the first ever 20/20 World Cricket Championships (YOU BASTARDS I WAS BETTING ON PAKISTAN!!) Here we go once again with one of my very favourite music videos of all time...





2:44 PM - 21 Comments - 10 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

maryJane

i dont really know how to respond to this video, except to say that it kinda made my morning...

Posted by maryJane on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 3:31 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's a stunning piece of work - one of the best...)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 4:24 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

I love this video!!! Beats the shit out of American dance videos!

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 4:33 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

OH YES!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 4:55 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

i have this movie. classic.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 6:40 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I didn't know it was from a film - What's the name??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:00 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Machine Boy

oh how much do I wish I could move like one of these dudes......hahahaha.........niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!

Dean ;-)
www.machineboy.co.uk
www.tenboy.co.uk

Posted by Machine Boy on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 8:16 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm taking lessons...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 9:01 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Charles Bukkake

I challenge anyone to listen to that video and not dance

Posted by Charles Bukkake on September 25, 2007 - Tuesday at 8:19 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

Challenge met and won.

Good day to you sir!

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:13 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Is there a prize??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:19 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

Disco Sux! Rock Rules!

That being said, I thought the video was too long.

It would have worked better at 2-3 min.

I enjoyed the first couple of minutes and the last couple of minutes, mostly due to the absurdity.

But that is the way I feel about most, if not all, indian pop music videos.

Gimme some Ravi Shankar any day.

Did you ever see his performance at Monterey Pop?

Mindblowing!

The first time I saw it, my jaw hit the ground.

I thought he was the best performer at the festival, along with his tabla player, Ustad Allah Rakha.

Cheers!

PS Here are the youtube links for the Monterey Pop videos if you care to watch:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3lRkHX_1zA

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxEj_QRsdgE

Posted by DANX GROD! on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:13 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I take your point on length, trimming a coupla minutes wouldn't have done any harm - but I'd like to see the full balance of the film before wielding the knife...

I've never seen that performance - I'll go take a look...

I have some very good Indian Classical music - it's like sleeping off too much pot in an afternoon of red hot sun..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:19 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


DANX GROD!

The Monterey Pop performance starts slowly and builds to an orgasmic frenzy.

Ravi rips up the sitar just as good as any speed metal guitarist.

And the tabla player is so damn fast, his hands and fingers are a blur!

Ab Fab!

Cheers!

Posted by DANX GROD! on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 6:20 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

Did you see the "Indian Thriller" video? It was pretty interesting...

Posted by Emily on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:52 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah I've seen that...

Have you seen the convict Jackson thing where a whole bunch of (i think) Indonesian inmates do one of his routines in the prison yard...?

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 12:54 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

Yes, it's frightening that apparently Mr. Jackson is still revered in some places...this video pwns a lot of stuff MJ has done recently.

Posted by Emily on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 1:01 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

pwns??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 1:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Emily

When I say "pwns a lot of recent stuff MJ did" I mean anything he did after Thriller, anything after Thriller for the most part was pretty awful ("Bad," and that awful album with that song "Black or White," which remains one of the most disturbing music videos ever).

Pwns = owns, like OWN3D and all that crap. I just outed myself as an Internet loser, sorry. :o

Posted by Emily on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 1:12 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It took me about 6 months to work out what LOL meant - I'm a slow learner...

With Jackson, I mostly like Off The Wall. I don't have a copy of Thriller at present, but I should get one - with the later stuff I only know the singles...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 1:17 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nonstop Everything

the film is called "disco dancer." it's a 3 hour epic. takes itself awesomely seriously.

Posted by Nonstop Everything on September 26, 2007 - Wednesday at 4:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: