Friday 7 September 2007

atmospheres


Current mood: MORE THAN RELAXED...
Category: MORE THAN RELAXED... Music



I'm a sucker for the correct atmosphere...

'Correct' can mean anything.

I love the ferocious confusion of noise. I love the mindnumbing drone of machines. I love complete silence and peace. I love birdsong. I love the sea and I love the sound of ever circling helicopters.

It'a all about right time right place.

So, here are some of my atmospheres...


I recorded hundreds of hours of Waiting.... then mixed a portion of it down into about 25 minutes. It might sound like boring crap, but download it, turn it up real proper loud. Relax, multilayer, then sink into it....


I spent another 9 months living in almost complete peaceful isolation in this here caravan...



Each night: pitch black except moonlight.

Each night complete silence except springtime Nightingales singing what remains the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.


Nowadays I have to make do with my 7" single of a Nightingale. There are none here to sing on Fish Island.

But after just over 5 years, I have my atmosphere in London about right. I know how much !!LOUD!! I can take and I dose myself accordingly.

With my atmosphere here now regulated and sorted out, it's time to get on with the serious work...


Currently listening :
Chill Out
By The KLF
Release date: By 08 April, 1993

1:27 AM - 17 Comments - 10 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

maryJane

wouldnt it be great if you could record inaudible things...like the crispness of the air??

Posted by maryJane on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:01 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes...

And where in the hell is the smell recording equipment - I could have sworn that would be around by now...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:12 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ivana Puke

Fucking hippie.)

Posted by Ivana Puke on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:02 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Don't talk to Mary Jane like that!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:11 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ivana Puke

I mean PG is a fucking hippie...

Posted by Ivana Puke on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:02 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Dirty Stripper!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:11 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

And how can I be a hippie?? I don't have any long strangly bastard hair and I live in a Yuppie Prison Flat!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:13 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ivana Puke

Fucking former hippie...

Posted by Ivana Puke on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:14 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

FUCKING DIRTY CURRENT STRIPPER!!

(DON'T THINK FOR ONE MINUTE I BUY ALL THAT 'I'M A TRAINEE NURSE TALK' YOU MIGHT WEAR THE OUTFIT BUT IT AIN'T IN A HOSPITAL!!!!)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:17 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ivana Puke

STOP SHOUTING. You're ruining the atmosphere.

Posted by Ivana Puke on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:21 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'M IN A NOISEY ATMOSPHERE MOOD!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:23 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

i want a cop of the recording of the nightingale.

on the topic of sounds and environments, i have been reading about "exctinct sounds" and how our world is so much louder than it used to be, but that the variety of different sounds we are exposed to has decreased. I wish i could find the article, on NPR maybe...

sometimes the freeway down the street sounds like the ocean, and i like the clacking of the vertical blinds in my livingroom sometimes.

there is so much to be heard if one just stops talking and listens. I pretty much sense the world with my ears. what I hear has a profound effect on my other senses. it was so hot today that i had to turn down the music, the music being loud made it seem more hot.

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:24 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Mog Hartley

I've always lived very near or beside roads and I quite like it. At the moment My house is right beside the A39. I mean a couple of feet away and it never bothers me except for maybe motorcycles if I'm in a bad mood.

Posted by Mog Hartley on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 8:01 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...I've got a 7" single of the Nightingale and several volumes of birdsong on mp3 and vinyl which include Nightingales. I can do copies...

Another completely remarkable bird calll is that of The Bitterne. It's a remarkable sub bass sound.

I had plans for a whole LP of birdsong tracks, but thus far it's been one remix and one track...

Completely agree about the sea and car noise - it's very similar at a certain distance...

I'm currently more than a little bothered by the neigbours windchimes. I don't think they've understood how windy these balconies are - they're going non stop. If they keep with it, I'm gonna steal them in the night...))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:37 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma, First Lady of Infinity

shit...this waiting business is going in the ipod and will be my soundtrack at work tomorrow.

Posted by Paloma, First Lady of Infinity on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:43 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The recording quality ain't great, but it's OK and you can mix it with absolutely anything and it works fine...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 1:45 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Purveyor of Nothing

There should b only 2 types of Atmosphere,Ian Curtis singing the Russ abbot Classic and Russ about telling you 2 'Walk in silence' etc,being a hippie or a dirty stripper doesn't come into it .lol xxx

Posted by Purveyor of Nothing on September 4, 2007 - Tuesday at 11:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: