Friday 21 September 2007

JUST A QUICKIE AND SOME ADVICE...


Current mood: PLANKY
Category: PLANKY Music



Well, I was hoping to get a coupla quick bits up here tonight, but I got sidetracked south of the river and have only just returned...

Anyways, as from 9am I'm back on the ward for a few days, so there'll be another pause in communications.

Whilst inside, I plan to finish off reading the Boy George
biography, think deeply about whatever crosses my mind, whilst listening to a big ol' batch of new and familiar tunes...

So, before I go, here's a coupla of bits of advice...


Firstly: Get Einstein on the Beach by Philip Glass and play it very VERY loud! Basically, there's a track on that LP which is utter mad brilliance. It lasts about 25 miuntes and it'll twist your head like a Lemon Jane bathrobe in 8am traffic...


Secondly: Brace yourselves for the long delayed and much anticipated they came from the stars I saw them video, which could well be out this week.

It stars they came from the stars I saw them, Kevin Rowland (Dexys Midnight Runners) &
Autechre. You can be sure a more BLIMEY!!! assortment of musical luminaries will never again be seen together in the same pop video, so get on your marks to spread it all over the unreal world....

Meanwhile, if you're in London on Tuesday, do get along to The Dublin Castle and watch The Stars play LIVE...

For more details on any of the above (Including Philip Glass), contact the band
direct...

Ciao for now...
pg320)



Currently listening :
They Came from the Stars I Saw Them Vs. Reality
By They Came from the Stars I Saw Them Vs. Reality
Release date: By 18 September, 2007

5:56 PM - 13 Comments - 5 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Ren

Wishing you happy medical trialling!
Can't wait for the Stars video!
Googled 'Lemon Jane bathrobe' - I'm still none the wiser!

)))

Posted by Ren on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:05 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Lemon Jane Bathrobe???? What the hell are you talking about????

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:07 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

I'm not sure!

Posted by Ren on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:08 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well just imagine not being sure about a phrase in 8am traffic!!??

PANIC OR WHAT????

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:12 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

I'm panicking right now!!! And it's only 2.15am!!!

Posted by Ren on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:14 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I FIND MYSELF WONDERING IF I SHOULD STAY AWAKE UNTIL I HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AT 7.23AM...I'M FUCKING SHOUTING ABOUT 'N ALL!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:18 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

Whether or not you meant that rhetorically, I'm going to respond anyway...

NO!!! DON'T ATTEMPT TO STAY UP. YOU'LL FALL ASLEEP AT 7.22AM AND MISS THE SECOND PART OF THE TRIAL (THE MONEY SHOT I PRESUME??)...

Posted by Ren on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:30 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

But I'll miss it anyway because 5 hours isn't enough and I'll oversleep...

I'M GONNA MISS IT GODDAMM IT!!! NO MONEY SHOT???!!!! AND I'VE BEEN DRINKING TODAY!!! AND IN THE ROOM WITH DRUG TAKERS WHICH MAKES ME ONE!!! AND I DID EXERCISE!!!

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:38 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Ren

People will die of Hep C because of you.

Posted by Ren on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:42 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Only Bono Vox can save me now...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 2:43 AM
[Remove]


Mog Hartley

I just can't get into Philip Glass. I've tried. I've even seen a performance of his Beauty and the Beast Soundtrack. I want to like it but whenever I listen to it I'm thinking, "It's just not that good or particularly challenging". I think he's a poor Steve Reich Imitation

Posted by Mog Hartley on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 3:03 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

By it's nature a lot of his stuff is very repetitious and not always that interesting, but occasionally he's right on the nail. It's proper disorientation music at it's best..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 1:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Charles Bukkake

You reminded me to tell the bad joke: what is the most dangerous ocean?
the hepititis sea
(only works orally)

it's a fact that after you tell this one you'll probably get away with asking it's sister joke: what's the most dangerous insect known to man?...



happy guinea pigging Mr. G

Posted by Charles Bukkake on September 17, 2007 - Monday at 6:13 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: