Sunday 2 September 2007

AUTODRONE


Current mood: THE MISTY MOUNTAIN
Category: THE MISTY MOUNTAIN Music



Regular readers will know I've slipped into the habbit of recomending bands on the basis of hearing a single track on the myspazz player.

Yes boss, this slippy banana skin has been engaged with now on a number of occasions, and because I've got away with it, I'm gonna do it again, this time stretching my piece into a mini feature...

Autodrone are a 4 piece band and they have the one track on their player and it's a demo.

Now, usually when this is the case, the act in question is in it's formative birth months and are far from polished. Either that or they're a little disorganised in terms of sorting out more or less everything. There's often just one photo and not much text or evidence of gigs etc etc...

But the thing I love with this band is that this isn't the case.

No, not only have they released an album, they've got thousands of friends and they've organised some rather stunning band photos
(Kraftwerk on sex) yet they still leave us guessing with just the one track and no real explanation as to why... ?




The whole sceanrio gets better when you hear that one golden track.

Yes boss, this track sounds exactly like a track by a band called Autodrone should sound. There's a bit of the KLFs Chill Out, particularly at the begining, and then there's the subtle droning sounds and some vague background noises and that is then that...

Now, I'm hard pushed to think of what the four of them are all doing on this effort. I mean I've made more complicated tracks of a similar sound and nature on a tiny laptop with just me and nothing in the way of sultry attractive women or a handsome manfriend anywhere to be seen...

But this isn't a complaint...

In fact, I'd have been far happier with my similar tracks if they had of been made in the prescence of the formentioned staff...

And furthermore, I'd like to see a lot more bands paying this kind of attention to the band photo at the expense of supplying tracks.

Why?

Because this causes me to write a whole blog on the basis of not knowing whether they're a bunch of sexy poseurs or a great band who don't want to over egg the omlette before they've drawn a few faces further in, and this keeps me entertained, away form the off licence, and off the streets...

So, I'll therefore stand up now and say I love this act on general principle and I want to hear the LP pretty damn quick....

There we go then...

Autodrone


Currently listening :
Chill Out
By John Lee Hooker
Release date: By 21 February, 1995

8:41 PM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

mark

so what your saying is the way to impress you is to make sure you can't work out if you are impressive or not

Posted by mark on August 24, 2007 - Friday at 12:18 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

There are many ways to impress me:

One's to produce and/or appear in good photos (style over substance has a bad name these days, but good style has it's own substance)

Another is to be difficult to get to the bottom of and/or understand (I like stuff that confuses)...

And a third is to deal in atmospherics that can act as musical wallpaper...

Basically, I had a general feel/instinct for the band (and also an obvious and immediate crush on both female members)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on August 24, 2007 - Friday at 12:57 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: