Monday 30 July 2007

THIS WEEKS HITS :: WEEK MIDDLING 25TH JULY 2007 :: PT 1 VINYL STAPLES....


Current mood: OOHHHH
Category: OOHHHH Music



Enough of the moralising....

Let's get on with the hits...

Today I'm starting with the staples and new acquisitions section....

Now I know i bored you yesterday with details of my 6 for 60p deal, but I'm unbowed by criticism and I crossed the word 'regret' out of my dictionary some years ago...

So today, after exhibiting pain for the cameras, I spent about £35 on similar stuff and I scored great mountain points...

So if you're not interested look away now...


OK...

This time we're talking mostly vinyl and books.

I'm not going to real all the book titles off - I can't be bothered, except to say I got a Van Halen Tablature book, a biography of Michelangelo, a biography of Boy George and a supposed warts 'n all account about working in the UK music business...

As for the rest, I'll review them if and when i ever read them (fucking unlikely)...


Onto the Vinyl..

WOW..

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome LP (Great artwork, excellent prog pop LP)

DJ Lelewell - Magic Atto 2 12" (The other day I was wondering where this guy had disappeared to?? Now I reckon I know)



Igor Stravinsky - Le Sacre Du Printemps LP (Clever Classical)

The Levellers - One Way 12" (Great sentiment)

The Eurythmics - Be Yourself Tonight LP (and everyday)

The Reese Project - Direct Me 12" (You can never have enough Kevin Saunderson)

Daft Punk - One More Time 1 sided 12" promo (Splendid damn tune)

Britney Spears feat Madonna - Me Against The Music 12" (Good luck...)

DJ's Factory - A View To A Kill White Vinyl 12" (BLING $$££ BLING)

Michael Jackson - Heal the World Special poster bag Edition 7" (Save The Children)

Pet Shop Boys - So Hard 12" (There's always hope for wannabe pop stars posing as music journalists / see above)

Michael Furlong - Breakaway LP (I rarely buy vinyl for the sake of the cover, but this grabbed my balls)



Various - Mega Bass The Ultimate Megamix of The Hottest Club Hits LP ( 2 sides of brilliantly mixed rave pop)

Loadasamoney - Loadsamoney doin 'up the house 7" (Crap comedy pop)

Wynton Marsalis - Haydn/Hummel/Mozart LP (The debut LP from Wynton Marsalis)



Leftfield - Song Of Life 12" (This kind of quality should never be in charity shops)

Spiritualized - Stop Your Crying 12" (The dismal self pitying side of Spiritualized at it's very best)

Winx - Hypnotizin 12" (Classic Rave)

Teardrop Explodes - Serious Danger 12" (Julian Cope? A Crime Against Creation??)

Grange Hill Cast - Just say No 7" (You don't have to be part of the crowd)

Django Reinhardt - Djangology 2xLPs (Double jazz of which i know nothing)



Tricky - Tricky Kid 12" (Everybody wants a record deal, Everybody wants to be naked and famous, Everybody wants to be just like me...)

Tricky - Makes Me Wanna Die 12" (One of the most beautiful songs of 1997)

Supertramp - Crisis What Crisis? LP (Exactly my thoughts on the current state of professional cycling)

Roberto Delgado And His Orchestra - CARAMBA LP (Hot Rhythm From South America)



Edelweiss - Edelweiss 7" (Made using The KLFs book 'How to Have Number 1 Hit The Easy way' It reached Number 4 in the UK charts, but was a Europe wide number 1)




Barclay James Harvest - Victims Of Circumstance Shaped Picture 7" (BLING $£$£??)

Yes Boss - More Or Less 7" (Yes boss)

Kylie - Slow Picture 12" (Kylie trying to be Brigette singing Slow)



And lastly, 3 Laserdiscs. Laserdiscs were an early LP sized version of DVDs. I picked up 12 Monkeys, Se7en & Heat. Of course I don't have a Laserdisc player, but I'm certain they'll make fucking great glitter balls...


Currently listening :
Welcome to the Pleasuredome
By Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Release date: 05 September, 2000

No comments: