Wednesday 25 July 2007

THE FEMI NIGERIA TRIP :: FURTHER AND BETTER PARTICULARS


Current mood: FIRMI
Category: FIRMI Music



So, for those of you who missed my bulletin announcement, earlier this week I decided I'm going to visit Nigeria.

The purpose??

To see Femi Kuti play at The Shrine at least a few times.
To understand and further discover the music of Nigeria.
A Holiday
Because it seemed like a good idea at the time

This came about because I stumbled upon someone who apppeared to know of Femi Kuti and who was in Nigeria.

A few messages were exchanged.

After very little thought and a strong instinct, I then decided I was definately going

I think my 'friend' then panicked that I may be some kind of wierd or stupid cunt, because since then I've heard nothing...

This could be for any number of legitimate reasons, but the email was read and since then not a word, not even a congratulation on the wisdom of my decision...

Anyway, the decision is dusted....

I've got it penciled in for mid October. I'll most likely work the Prosecco harvest in Valdobbiadene/Vidor, Italy then fly down with a selection of sunglasses and hats and a more or less open agenda...

I imagine the trip'll last about 2 or 3 weeks. I'll blog the lot of it and try and whore it out elsewhere n'all...

I have a feeling this the trip will blow my damn head off...



Currently listening :
Shoki Shoki
By Femi Kuti
Release date: By 25 January, 2000

23:30 - 9 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle

Rave safe, kids... http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/travel/africa/nigeria.shtml

Posted by MollyCoddle on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 01:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS

Thanks mum!

Posted by PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 16:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle

:(

Posted by MollyCoddle on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 20:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Caroline

that article about Femi Kuti was really interesting...i think your trip to nigeria will be an awesome experience and i cant wait to read the the blogs about it = )

Posted by Caroline on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 15:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS

Yep. When i first read about Fela Kuti, I realised how inadequate and irrelevant the rest was....

Posted by PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 16:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


mark

heading off to nigeria after vast wine consumtion, thats what i call a plan

Posted by mark on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 15:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS

Ole!

Posted by PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 16:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma Pirate

I really can't wait to read the blogs about this trip!

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 21:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS

Everything up until that point will be nothing more than stretching and loosening....

Posted by PAUL GIOVANNI 3RD : AKA : FUTUREPROOF PIOUS on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 21:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: