Monday 30 July 2007

LP REVIEW :: THE YOUNG KNIVES - ...ARE DEAD AND.....SOME


Current mood: IN NEED OF HELP...
Category: IN NEED OF HELP... Music



The Young Knives
.....are dead...and some
Shifty Disco 2007


So, The Young Knives....

I don't know what to do with this band.

I played the disc one or twice and it didn't grab me - Ordinary indie pop rockishness, nothing special I thought. It went into the porbably won't get reviewed pile. But before it went there i ripped it to my computer to insure against being wrong...

Since then, the tracks have popped up at random in playlists, and twice i've found myself thinking Who the fuck's that?? I like that! And I'd look and it'd be The Young Knives.

So, I've taken it back out and returned it to the probably might well get reviewed pile. I've played it a few more times and I'm still not sure.

It's like when I'm expecting The Young Knives I decide I don't like it, but when I'm not, it jumps out at me and I do. Maybe I like it's dissonant Johnny Rotteny vocals and the bouncey fun choruses...

Maybe i'm suffering a Young Knives prejudice of some kind. Maybe I actually really like Indie Poppy Rock a whole lot more than I realise or am preparred to admit?! Maybe all my alledged interest in electronic stuff is mere posturing and denial?!

Maybe i need help?? Some theraphy of some kind??

Anyone like this???

Any ideas???



Currently listening :
Youngs Knives Are Dead...and Some
By Young Knives
Release date: By 31 July, 2007

19:14 - 5 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

13headsmissing

from the few tracks i listened to it doesnt stand alone as anything really too unique...it seems to follow the trend of classic brit pop. i wouldn teven say indie rock because i didnt feel any edge too it. but what do i know? 13

Posted by 13headsmissing on Saturday, July 28, 2007 at 23:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah, it's definately a bit supergrass

and you're right it's not really rock so much as indie pop...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, July 28, 2007 at 23:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma Pirate

i was hoping maybe they'd be cute...
i'm not sure. I don't dislike them, but nothing special notmoving me to feel anything in particular. (sorry guys)

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 01:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MOG

I like "in the pink" He almost sounds a bit Noddy Holder! there other tunes on there don't inspire me though

Posted by MOG on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 15:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I like the vocal. There's a bit of Holder and a bit of Rotten in there. It's quite distinct.

When I listen to the LP there's a few too many average tracks - musically in particular...

This is maybe why once offs sound better and the Lp as one and in one not so...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 15:19
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: