Friday 13 July 2007

CASHBACK :: NOTES ON FILM PT 1


Current mood: MUTATING
Category: MUTATING Movies, TV, Celebrities



Well, I've decided this blog is now going to cover all entertainment and cultural avenues and not just music...

If you only love and want to read music, don't panic and fuck off! The bulk of my reporting will still concern tunes and sound, I just feel my ministry should be borader and more diverse, and after testing the water with one or two arty blogs I'm going to jump in full paddle ahead...

So, tonight, whilst I rest off an old piece about Babyshambles that I can't get to work any which way i try, I'm going to share some personal notes on film..


The first involvement I had in film was with a rather sex based flick called Cashback.

Cashback was built up from an original short film which won The Tribecca Short Film Award and as a result, was nominated for the 2006 Oscars in the Short Film Category - it didn't win...

After this success, Cashback (The Full Length Version) was made in and around East London and since completion has been released all over the world and though (for some reason) it still awaits a full UK cinema release (???) it's apparently done alright everywhere else...

Cashback is basically about sex and time and delicate artist boys and how they can't deal with women....

You can see the first 5 mins and 'the making of' here and if anyone has the full thing on DVD please send me a fucking copy right away so I can watch myself and bask in a rare and minor moment of recognisable success...

Anyway, i did this film for 4 or 5 days as an extra and here I am (in the red cap) in one of my best background moments...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The reaosn I got involved with this was because I'd just turned 30 and had a shit birthday, no party, no friends etc...

A couple of weeks after this disaster, I saw an ad looking for extras for a 30th birthday scene. The ad said the director wanted a trendy East London artist look, and seeing as though I lived in East London and was pretending to be an artist, I figured I qualified...

The shoot was all fun and games....

From spending my days indoors starring at walls, I found myself discussing Karate moves with Johnny Depps boy from Sleepy Hollow, chatting cycle racing with lead Sean Biggerstaff (a former amateur champion) stalking Emilia Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and letting off a huge cloud of BO as Michelle Ryan scrawled her phone number on my hand 5 times and looked at me dirty!! (This is viewable in the first five mins - I stood in for the character because from close cropped behind, I looked similar and they didn't want to pay the main actor to come in that day for that one small scene)

It went well and I enjoyed it overall, and since then, I've been whoring it about off and on, working in various different capacities on around 25 different film and TV projects....

Strange thing was and is, I never had any intention of ever being involved in film and I still don't. But I am and since Cashback, like so many other poor deluded fucks who get a sniff of a film set, I've taken working in film to perhaps be a way I can make myself happy and professionally content.....




Currently listening :
(Who's Afraid Of?) The Art of Noise!
By The Art of Noise
Release date: By 25 October, 2005

16:45 - 9 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

MollyCoddle

Can't think of a sentient response...except, you're just sooooooo cool.

Posted by MollyCoddle on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 00:54
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

So cool I spend my 30th birthday completely drunk at home alone...

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle

I spent my 30th birthday in a strange Dublin hotel room, having emotionless farewell sex with an alcoholic liar. I would much rather have been completely drunk at home alone...

Posted by MollyCoddle on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

Sure it could have been worse and I've definately had worse b-days...

This years myspace birthday was a hell of a lot fun...

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


MollyCoddle

Facebook for your 40th then...

Posted by MollyCoddle on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

Nothing I've heard about facebook appeals to me...

I'm a loyal disciple of Rupert

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma Pirate

a true multitasker.

if it's any consolation, i did nothing for my 30th birthday either...i had just had the twins a week earlier, and was just home from the hospital and feeling like crap.

when i get to 40 i am going to have a big fucking celebration and i will be such a celebrity that i will fly all my friends in on private jets and have britney spears and madonna perform and...what else...?? 40 is the new 30.

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope

Yes 40 is the new 30 and I've never given too much of a fuck about birthdays...

Having twins sounds liike a pretty damn good present though..

Posted by Paul GIOVANNI 3RD a.k.a The Pop Pope on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Paloma Pirate

yeah, it was the best present really, so yeah, i guess it was a pretty awesome 30th birthday...

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Friday, July 06, 2007 at 01:25
[Remove] [Reply to this]


No comments: