Wednesday 25 July 2007

THEY LEFT IN A HELICOPTER I SAW THEM...


Current mood: WHITE
Category: WHITE Music






So, yes..

I feel good and spritely and will now start on the further and better coverage..

The picture journal of yesterday referred to a day spent working on the forthcoming video by they came form the stars i saw them

My independance on this band could now be called into question. 4 months ago, I didn't know they existed, but now I'm becoming a right regular groupie, sometime unofficial publicity aide, cameraman, gopha, runner, ironer of white suits etc...

Yes boss, I'm buying shares..

The main appeal is they're a fucking good and sharp band who exhibit all the traits i wish to see in both a band and in pop music:

We're talkign excellent music, colour, life, their own reality, style, intuition, first class party skills, talent and musical ability, power, anger at their current lowly status, love, righteous belief in their own mission, complete dedication to the task in hand etc etc





Yes boss, I have 16 months of music writing left and in that time I want to see the whole business from top to bottom. I want to follow a couple or 3 bands from one to end to the other, and this is one of the bands I believe will make that trip.

Of the others you will hear more in the upcoming days and weeks...

For anyone considering joining the train, I would have to warn that becoming involved with this band is like becoming involved with somekind of music love cult. Each time I visit their world it takes me a few days to properly re-enter my own and this is exactly what it says on the tin and of course how it should be. If you expect anything else you're barking up the wrong tree or you're a fan of Snow Patrol...

The video is for a track from the forthcoming LP they came from the stars i saw them vs reality is gonna be a sight and the album is, i think, the best you will hear all year...

Here are a few clues as to what to expect from the vid:



A scrap with The Reality
Two quite different celebrity musician cameos - one is
Dexys Midnight Runners, Kevin Rowland and to identify the other you'll have to look closely at the pictures of yesterday and know your seminal secretive electronic musicians...
A Helicopter
Ice Cream
Booty in on and arounnd the Cabriolet
Girls and Cars and Boys and Money
White & Gold love

All on a minute budget....

This is Rock 'N' Roll and radio freedom all in one next sportscar....






Currently listening :
Fight to Win
By Femi Kuti
Release date: By 16 October, 2001

11:23 - 2 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Paloma Pirate

I can't wait to see this...!!!!

Posted by Paloma Pirate on Friday, July 20, 2007 at 14:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I've just been communicating with them funnily enough. They're interested in us supporting them some time in the future. I hope that comes off, cos as you rightly say they are brilliant.

Posted by Clinker on Sunday, July 22, 2007 at 23:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: