Sunday 12 October 2008

Personal Joy RIP...


Current mood: OH WELL...
Category: OH WELL... Jobs, Work, Careers



So...

This morning I'm walking to the bank to see if a remarkable windfall payment has miraculously appeared in my account...

Of course, this is highly unlikely, especially on a day that see's our wanking friends leaving their offices for a smaller than normal latté followed by a hard earned holiday on the private yacht..


Well, I'm marching back holding my phone in my hand, so I don't miss the call from Raph at Frizz Records to organise the fine detail of todays interview.

My head is chuntering away, plan writing my HA HA HA!!! FUCK YOU BANKERS!!! blog which will appear at some point later today.


Well, I must have been constructing ONE HELL OF A VICIOUS SENTENCE!!! because as I'm marching, I somehow manage to fling my phone Personal Joy out of my hand sending it crashing on to the floor...


Now normally, this wouldn't be a problem - it happens to us all, you just pick the bastard up, check it's still working and carry on walking...

But this time, I see Personal Joy heading under the barrier and towards a drain and the roads gutter - I can only stand and watch as it skids and slides.

It lands on the drain, teeters, but it doesn't fall down..

PHEWWW!!!!


So, I pick up the plastic molding that holds the battery in, then vault over and grab the phone before it gets smashed by a vehicle, and as I'm walking back around the barrier I notice there's no battery...

I look back, down the drain, around the gutter, on the pavement on the road - everywhere...

But there's no battery...


Well, I keep looking - it can't have bastard well disappeared!??!

But it has...?!?!


I look all around over and over again, and then again, but no there's no sign.

I can only imagine it's under the Cadburys Twirl wrapper a foot and a half down in the dry drain - but no matter how hard I try and get an angle to spy it, I can't see it there...


Well, I figure I'm not going anywhere until I can at least see where this battery has gone - but after ten minutes of hunting and glaring at the floor, I'm getting a few too many dirty looks from passers by - people are pulling their children away from the strange looking man in the yellow tracksuit top who appears to starring down a drain...


So, I walk on home and that appears to be that - for the next month or so until I can afford a new battery, I have no phone - which won't make a hell of a lot of difference, because I rarely answer the bastard thing - but I'll miss the tunes it holds and the camera has been handy....

AND I STILL WANT TO SEE WHERE THE DAMN BATTERY IS!!!!



Currently listening :
I Wanna 1-2-1 With You
By Solid Gold Chart Busters

No comments: