Sunday 19 October 2008

Buonjourno...!


Current mood: FORWARD THINKING....
Category: FORWARD THINKING.... Life



Well...

There are many changes afoot this next 12 months here on Planet Giovanna including some which are very very imminent (of which I'll be writing on this week) - in fact it seems every aspect of life is gonna change in some major way (including of course, my becoming a multi-millionaire genius written success!!!)...


So, last night I was panicking about all this...

It was one of those moments when you feel the rug being pulled form under you - change being forced a little - and that kind of thing always makes me panic even when it's most likely change for the better...


Here's the rub...

Mrs Giovanni has 3 sisters and 1 brother and until now there have only been 2 kids to her brother..

But now that's all changed..

Yes boss, first up we got in on the act with our baby girl due in aroundabout 2 months, and now - not to be outdone, two of her sisters have joined the soon to be mothering sunday club..


Well, Mrs Giovanni is awfully excited about all this!!

Yes boss, Mrs G is a very family orientated kind of person - her sisters are everything to her (they are all exactly the same height - they stick together) And the thought them all having kids at the same time at the same age (most likely the same height) is the kind of thing that will mean she wants to move back there PRONTO!!!


Well to be frank - I'm about ready for that, but it has to handled with care...

Yes boss, the life there is far more cosey and definitely far healthier - and the booze is very VERY cheap!!

In fact, I'll be surrounded by wine and beautiful countryside - then there's Venice just down the road and 2 airports pretty close and handy for the inevitable escapes back here, there and everywhere....


Writing wise, I'll shift from hanging around with and writing about bands and musicians and move onto writing about and hanging around with cyclists.

That part of Italy is loaded with top professionals. World Champion Alessandro Ballan lives 20k away and I've already promised to help Bruseghin bring in his grapes next year...


And Fish Island London???

Well, Londons star and my desire to be involved in music has been fading for some time now...

Yes boss, I love much of being here and will look back on this grimey fucking mixture of a place with nothing but tough and lived in affection - but I'm sick and tired of working and struggling like a fucking dog for a very basic and no frills standard of living that's utterly strangled by stupid fucking petty rules and regulations of all kinds...

I mean, I wouldn't mind the struggle if the place was poor and we were all in it together - but this is one of the richest cities on the fucking planet, and unfortunately this means life quality is shit unless you're pulling in £50,000 or more per household and after a while it gets very tedious when there's a good and available alternative...

I'm also of the opinion that working within the music business isn't something I much want to do - at least not as it stands now....


Of course, I'm dead certain I'll miss the mix, the people, the basic humanity, the colour, the vibrancy and the 'BEING WHERE SHIT'S AT!!'

But if you're a good enough writer you can find things to work with in the Antarctic - you don't need to be in a city day in day out and 7 years feels to be about enough for one manly stint...


Well, I could see this all coming a little this last month, so whilst I was out there, I set about preparing some of the ground...

Yes boss, I already know who to see for the illegal grappa, the moped modifications and the sweet chestnuts..

I'll have to learn how to drive a bastard car, and then how to avoid getting caught drink driving - but that can all be worked out...

I'm figuring a yellow one of these Piaggio Apes will do the trick...


'But old people drive them - you'll get laughed at!' Mrs Giovanni said when I mentioned the idea...

'SOUNDS PERFECT!!! What self respecting Italian copper is gonna pull you over doing 30kph in an Ape???
'


Endless pasta turning me into Marlon Brando BIG aside, there's only one major thing that worries me with Italy, and that's the tribe mentality...

Yes boss, the hardest thing about this last Italian trip was getting used to things being taken out of my control and assumed into the groups control...

AKA, frequently people made decisions for me (out of love and regard) that I would normally - and would actually - prefer to take myself and if there's one thing I can't be doing with it's being told what to do (even if it's for the best)

I'll therefore have to get a handle on that straight away or else there will be a nasty explosion and a mess...

That aside, it's all good...


So, fear not, this won't be the disappearance of Giovanni up the Giovan not writing top grade shit arse.

No boss, I won't be exclusively sinking into family life and never putting pen to paper - I've invested far too much time, energy and effort into it to quit now...

Instead, it'll be a new and very wordy beginning, and I already feel like I'm looking forward to it...



Currently listening :
Galaxy 2 Galaxy
By Underground Resistance
Release date: 2006-02-28

No comments: