Saturday 11 October 2008

The 100 Most....


Current mood: RED RED WINE...
Category: RED RED WINE... Music



If there's one thing I find more annoying than programs like the 100 Most Irritating Pop Moments, it's that I like to watch them as filler...

Yes boss, tonight was this very program and I took in about an hour of it whilst I waited for the Last Night Of The Proms to end and the football to start..


Why not watch the Last Night???

Because I don't see why a music event has to end with The National Anthem accompanied by thousands of dreary flag wavers waving their various flags?!?


Of course it's difficult to know which is more irritating on these 100 Best or Worst programs - the predictability of the kind of tracks chosen or the faces that make the critique... ?!

My cynicism at their cynicism aside, I did learn a few things tonight - and this is I think the pull: the miscellaneous trivia...


One such nugget, was that was the writer of Sinitta's

'So Macho'



is now some kind of a rampant Christian religious minister who spends the royalties of that song on (amongst other things) 'Anti Gay' campaigns...

If ever there was a man very heavily in the closet - it's George Hargreaves...


Another is that nearly all pop stars aren't very tall...


And the third was that UB40 have sold 50 million albums?!?!?

HTF????





Currently listening :
50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong: 39 Golden Greats
By The Fall
Release date: 2004-06-08

No comments: