Monday 1 September 2008

More records....


Current mood: SPACING....
Category: SPACING.... Writing and Poetry



I'm great at useful procrastination....

Yes boss, give me a piece of writing TO DO and set a deadline and I'll probably put in an early session, get the backbone done, and then fiddle and fuck about with everything else under the sun EXCEPT what it is I'm supposed to be writing...


This doesn't apply to blogs - which is why there's now nearly 950 of them


But blogs are just writers crack...

Yes boss, since I found I could get instant gratification 3 or 4 times a day here on myspace, I've more or less given up all idea of writing full and complete works except those composed of tarted up and redressed blogs...

It's both great and completely annoying...


Of course I'll have to go into rehab at some point and return back into the real world of full length books, but for now I remain more or less hooked..


Anyway...

My latest prevarication is fiddling about with the front webpage here at
paulgiovanni.com..

Yes boss, regular readers will know I'm now on the 3rd or fourth layout inside 6 months, and this time I reckon I've nailed it good and proper...

However building and fiddling with this collage to perfection will most likely take weeks to perfect - meanwhile the proper written work won't get done...

The result will probably be quite a nice picture, which upon completion, I'll decide
doesn't quite work, and then I'll go through the whole process again...

Don't you just love the creative process?!?!?


Shit, when I was writing my nuclear book, I ended up spending a year or so ONLY writing and rewriting the first 30 odd pages...

And then I read them last night and they looked to be littered with embarrassing errors...

And people think I'm a workshy lazy type...


So, whilst I fiddle and tune, click the below picture, and have a look at the state of the collage...

And then type your favourite or least favourite act into the search box on the right hand side and you can read all my wise words...

Your life will NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!!!

I SWEAR!!!






Currently listening :
Mulholland Drive: Original Motion Picture Score
By Angelo Badalamenti
Release date: 2001-10-09

No comments: