Friday 5 September 2008

The joys of tape...


Current mood: FILLING UP THE HOUSE....
Category: FILLING UP THE HOUSE.... Music



Well, thanks to Freecycle, I'm enjoying a cassette tape renaissance...

Yes boss, after copying a few onto mp3, I ditched nearly all my cassettes about 8 years ago and I haven't thought too much about the format since..

But recently a few very interesting batches have appeared on the popular recycling network and I've not been able to help myself but to DIVE ON IN!!!


The first lot I got is mostly reggae, dub, pop and soul.

There's a whole bunch of old stuff and some decent mixes - the kind of stuff you simply can't get on cd (and what would be the point??), and if you want it on vinyl you'd better have the money MOTHERFUCKER!!!!




The second lot is everything from classical stuff right through Henry Cow, The Smiths, King Crimson, Ella Fitzgerald, Zappa and Gong...



With this second lot, I also got a rather nice Sony deck on which to play them, so my pink Barbie karaokee machine that pulses because I'm using a 9 volt adapter rather than the required 6 volt one, can now take a well earned break...




Via this self same route, I also picked up a big old stack of The London Review Of Books which is basically a rather intelligent and weighty newspaper in which bored career writers write about one anothers books...


The only sad news is that I just missed out on the mug printer, which was to come with some blank mugs, ink etc...

I'm afraid you'll all therefore have to wait for your Giovanni mugs for a little while longer...

Sorry, I feel like I've let you all down...((



Currently listening :
Trojan Box Set: Dub
By Various Artists
Release date: 2002-08-06

No comments: