Tuesday 16 September 2008

An Explanation...


Current mood: EXPLAINING MYSELF....
Category: EXPLAINING MYSELF.... Blogging



People often say to me:

'Hey Paul James Deman Giovanni £rd AKA Futureproof Pious - I really like your clever, humourous and incisive writing.

I also like the good bands, labels and acts you draw my attention too...

BUT WHAT IN THE FUCK WAS THAT LAST BLOG:

'Henry Car....(women have all the power)'
ALL ABOUT???


'Well, that's a good question and thanks very much for asking it....' I reply

Truth is, when I woke up this morning, I didn't truly know the answer...

No boss, that number was produced the wrong side of a bottle and half of wine on an empty stomach - it was therefore the work of my addled subconscious and not something that's easy to explain...

However I didn't study cultural theory at art school for 3 years and come out unable to unpack the apparently insane rantings of a minor league artist like Giovanni....

No boss, I CAN PULL DEEP AND PROFOUND CULTURAL MEANING OUT OF ANYTHING!!!!


So, here we go with the meat ANSWER....


The title is pretty easy to understand.

Henry

refers to Henry Miller.

At the time of titling, I would have been looking at the book Sexus.




Now, for those of you who haven't read this, let me tell you that the masculine heroics of Henry in this book are truly fucking incredible!!!

Yes boss, Henry spends large portions of this book wandering about New York having sex with all manner of women, often in twos and threes. He claims to make them orgasm multiple times on multiple occasions and he does this all in a very matter of fact way - as if he's just popped out to he library for a packet of fags....


But it doesn't end there...!


No boss, Hank then goes on to write about his antics with such precise beauty and FREE power, that you ignore the fact that he's made his wifes life a terrible misery, barely even mentions his baby girl, and is the kind of man most normally considered to be a GRADE A CUNT

Instead you bow at his genius altar...

AKA

Henry Miller makes PG£ feel overawed and COMPLETELY FUCKING JEALOUS!!!!


Car

Well that refers to the track My Red Hot Car which is the track in the video.

In this instance, Car is also portrayed as being a material and profound example of the MALE BIG ALPHA MALE FUCKING PERSONALITY!!!


(women have all the power)


Refers to my belief that women do indeed have all the power...

Now, I understand this claim could be a contentious one, so I'm gonna leave it dangling for a few days or perhaps even a few years before I can gather together sufficient balls to fully address it (especially considering that around about 2/3rds of this blogs readership is female...)


STUPID MONKEYS

This refers to monkey not enough sex men in the video...


So...

If we put all this together with the lyric

'I'm gonna fuck you with my red hot CARRRCCKKKKK!!!'

You've basically got a primal scream from the brave inner child of Giovanni!!!

Yes boss, this is clearly a knowing but bitter acknowledgment that though like Squarepusher, I can sing along to a spunky tune with the lyric

'I'm gonna fuck you with my red hot CARRRCCKKKKK!!!'

I am in fact home alone drinking wine and dousing my passions...


Yes boss, though a man of my talents should clearly be swaggering it about with his RED HOT CAWWWKKKKKK!!!! delivering HIS fantastically creative semen to all and sundry - at the time of that blog, I was in fact at home alone and not out fucking half of East Londons trendy art set in a genius like way..


So, the nub here, is that though at times I think I am, I am not in fact Henry Miller..

No boss..

I AM PAUL PIOUS JAMES DEMAN GIOVANNI £RD!!!

And my idea of a good evening (when the wife's away) is to sit here at PG Towers, drink a bit, read a bit, listen to some music, virtually chat a bit and maybe later (if I'm feeling REALLY FUCKING MANLY!!!!) make a toastie...


Anyway, I'm just getting started on this evening drinking program, so i'll probably be along with another silly blast in a short while..

This is however the VERY LAST time I will explain myself - in future you're just gonna have to do the maths yourselves...



Currently listening :
Anthology
By The Salsoul Orchestra
Release date: 1996-11-26

No comments: