Wednesday 17 September 2008

Why we’ll never give up on war....


Current mood: NONE OF THEM RECIEVED A HEROES WELCOME..NONE OF TH
Category: NONE OF THEM RECIEVED A HEROES WELCOME..NONE OF TH Life



One problem I have with Barrack Obama is that like Tony Blair, I believe that deep down he's a conservative...

Yes boss, he might be black (how does that make him automatically alright?), he might make vague speeches, he might believe himself to be only a little less important than Martin Luther King and he might have HUGE charisma - but every time I look at him, I think:

CONSERVATIVE!!!


Well, this unpopular view was only enhanced when I read this piece (also in the Daily Telegraph - which perhaps proves I am also a conservative)..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2700555/Barack-Obama-wanted-to-join-the-US-military.html

This interview basically states that Obama once thought seriously about being a soldier..


Well, I think this stinks.

Yes boss, a minute ago he's saying he's on a 'change' ticket and what does he do to prove it??

He employs a dinosaur as a running mate, then starts talking about how he wished he'd been a fucking soldier - and that the only reason he didn't join up was because there wasn't a stupid fucking war (Vietnam) for him to go to at the time - he therefore couldn't go kill anyone, and didn't see the point in joining....

And people wonder why he's slipping in the poles...


Another thing I dislike in all this, is the candidates getting their kids out and sending them off to warzones so they can get elected - it's sick..

Yes boss, Barrack is only making up this crap about wanting to sign up, now, because he wants to appeal to the troops and the families of the troops, and because his running mate AND McCain AND Palin all have kids in the forces and they are all lauding their genius and pride for encouraging their dearly beloveds down that route...

Well, what a fucking great idea and example that is for everyone - JOIN UP AND GO AND KILL PEOPLE FOR A LIVING!!!! OUR KIDS ARE!!!!


If Obama is truly about change, how about he stands up and says something like.

'I find violence of all kinds abhorrent, and that's why I've never even thought about joining the army. Furthermore, I certainly wouldn't want my children to join up. Instead, I want to create an America where they won't need to do go rampaging across the world killing people..'


Shit, they might have had other flaws, but the thing I liked about both Bush 2 & Clinton was that they were both war scivers - they both had the good sense to say (privately obviously):

'FUCK THAT SHIT, I DON'T WANT TO GET MY HEAD BLOWN OFF I'M GONNA PRETEND TO FLY PLANES IN TEXAS/SMOKE POT INSTEAD!!!'


Yes boss, I don't know about you and your kids (should you have them), but if this little Giovanni comes out and starts talking about going to a war, I'll lock her in a cupboard with an ounce of dope and make her smoke it until she damn well changes her mind...!!!

In my book, that is responsible parenting - tearfully slapping her on the back and saying YOU'RE GONNA BE A HERO!!! isn't...


Furthermore, at the risk of getting my head kicked in by a bunch of vicious psychopathic squaddies, and/or a bunch of 80 years old war heroes, I'd like to suggest something truly radical here...


HOW ABOUT WE FORGET ALL THIS BRAVE HEROES SHIT!!!

How about we accept that anyone from any country (our own included) who has killed or injured someone in a war (any war) is a vicious evil murdering psychopathic thug?!?!?.

We do after all say that's so if someone (from our own country) hacks someone to fucking death in the high street over a bag of chips - but for a reason I have never fathomed, if someone goes and does the same (often on a far larger scale for a far larger bag of chips) as part of a war - that person is immediately a hero or villan depending on which side he/she's fighting on...

It's complete fucking doublethink and until it changes (which it seems unlikely ever to do) there will continue to be wars - end of story...


Yes boss, in my book, the only war heroes are the ones who have the balls to say

'FUCK THAT!! I'M NOT GOING - YOU CAN KILL ME FOR SCIVING IF YOU WANT, BUT I AIN'T GOING OVER THERE AND KILLING NO-ONE!!!'


Anyway, that's my politics done with for today...

Tomorrow, I'll be pointing out how we can all save the rain forests.

I'm then gonna be going on holiday with Bono on a big fucking boat in the med, wherein we will (for once and for all) attend to the vast and varied problems of Africa...



Currently listening :
Paul Hardcastle, 19, Extended Version
By Paul Hardcastle

No comments: