Monday 8 September 2008

Up early....


Current mood: PUBLICISE ME A RIVER....
Category: PUBLICISE ME A RIVER.... Music



means a lot of blogs...

Yes boss, I might well go on a rush - I have 2 litres of extremely sugary fake coke in la frigo and I'm gonna need every last drop in order to keep with it.

I'll be flying by midday and extremely irritable by the mid afternoon...

NO FUCK THAT, I'M GONNA GET EXTREMELY IRRITABLE RIGHT NOW!!!!


Thing is, I've just been to the library and read this weeks
NME...

Yes boss, I should know better, but old habits die hard...


Now we all know The NME isn't what it could be - for a start they don't have a column by me the GREAT Giovanni and for a second they cover far too many COMPLETELY FUCKING CRAP BANDS WEEK IN WEEK OUT!!!

Yes boss, so poor is this paper, that yesterday I went to the library to do read this weeks issue and I got half way through the copy on display before realising I had in fact read that fucking copy last week...

That boss, is the uniform crapness we're dealing with here...


Anyway, today they finally had the new copy in and it was mostly about the Reading and Leeds festivals..

And within that there coverage I was faced with a whole page about the return of Rage Against The Machine


Now you know I hate to sound like a smug and self promoting cunt, but when i was a lad, I saw that lot play their very first UK gig as support to Suicidal Tendencies....

This would then have been something like 1991 and no cunt knew who they were because it was before they'd even released their first LP and at that gig, they recieved a fair ammount of barracking from the Obama's because they didn't look very 'metal'...


I however saw what was going on and openly advocated them for a lot of my protesting youth. I stole their first LP from HMV who were at the time owned by an arms company and saw them playing LIVE many times.

To stay true, I also bought this here t-shirt - it was of course a bootleg..

FUCK YOU I WON'T BUY WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!! etc




So, Giovanni loved RATM...

But then I grew up a little and though I still don't mind the odd blast of Rage, I kind of see the limitations to a band who claim to be all about Ché and Guantanamo bay, but are signed to Epic and who make big money comebacks...

Yes boss, now I have Rage in the same category as Primal Scream: Career rebels who are absolutely in love with the idea of 'the rebel' they then market the hell out of it worse than a fucking soap powder does whiteness...


What specifically enraged me today was their theatrical gunatanamo thing.

Yes boss, as part of their act, RATM have moved on from standing naked with letters on their chest, to wearing the infamous orange shiuts and hoods...


They appear to think that pulling this kind of a stunt is in some way going to bring political pressure onto the US government to close the hellhole that is guantanamo bay...


But for me, turning something as serious and stupid as gunatanamo bay into a fucking cabaret act for which you're getting paid vast sums of money is just sick..

Yes boss, every cunt knows what a gunanny bay victim looks like and a bunch of well paid musical cunts turning up to a party dressed in the outfits to ensure their show is visually striking are just STUPID FUCKING SELF SEEKING CUNTS!!!!


Trust me on this one. having been one myself, and knowing the kind of people who get involved in 'REBELIOUS' things very very well, I smell a healthy level of denial hidden under political beliefs megalomania going on here...

Yes boss, such folk are very good at giving the impression it's ALL ABOUT THE CAUSE!!!

But it is always about the ME!!!!!!


As if anymore proof of this were needed, I think this quote (providing it's accurate) shows the ragers up as being the deluded fools that they are...

'Is it a coincidence that in the seven years since RATM have been away that the country slid into right-wing purgatory - i think not...'

Yeah Tom, all that Bush Doctrine happened because you weren't playing your fucking guitars loudly....


So...

RATM 2008

FUCKING SELF PUBLICISING SELF FOOLING CUNTS!!!



Currently listening :
Trojan Box Set: X-Rated Reggae
By Various Artists
Release date: 2002-11-19

No comments: