Sunday 14 September 2008

Gobby...


Current mood: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!
Category: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! Music



I sometimes think of my proper job title as being 'Professional Gambler'...

And the only reason I feel able to claim something so silly, is because I generally loose more than I win...

At least so far...


Yes boss, I'm currently re-reading what must be my favourite book for the umpteenth time...

Sexus by Henry Miller...



It's been 4 years since I've read it, and it's lost nothing - in fact it's taken on a whole new light and I'm finding exceptional new bits...


'I was approaching my thirty-third year, the age of Christ crucified. A wholly new life lay before me, had I the courage to risk all. Actually there was nothing to risk: I was at the bottom rung of the ladder, a failure in every sense of the word.'


Well, I'm half way through my 33rd year and I'm not quite so downbeat on my success as Hank, but occasionally you put a mirror up (apart from when leaving the house in a bad tracksuit) and see how things look and I guess I'm doing that just now...


Yes boss, Mrs Giovanni is away on business
in the South of France, so I have time and space to really indulge myself without having to hide the bottles and DO THE WASHING UP!!!


Within 48 hours of her last expedition, I'd lost my bankcard, £15 in cash, my favourite handmade scarf, become embroiled in an argument with a bouncer, spent some time screaming at the canal, made CHG1
and captured The Chairs Of Pop Power...


I saw none of that coming - who knows what these next few days hold???


I know I have endless wine, 3 days observation at Gizzard Studios
, a night at the proms, and (if I'm not hiding) the Eugene Machine at the Luminaire.....

I'd imagine I'll also probably pose around the flat in my Keagan shorts
, scream at the canal some more, shit on the walls, play the music VERY LOUD, watch a few films, pretend to cook, keep on reading Hank + a bit of PJ O'Rourke, make a lot of mess and try and get to the bottom of just exactly what is going on....?!?


So, the usual...



Currently listening :
The White Room
By The KLF
Release date: 2008-01-01

No comments: