Sunday 18 May 2008

THIS WEEKS TOP 10’S...


Current mood: SNAP CRACKLE AND POP!!!
Category: SNAP CRACKLE AND POP!!! Music



Here's a brief look at the state of this weeks UK Pop Charts...


The Singles Chart...



I'm very pleased to see Wiley
in at number 3 (up from last weeks number 4) with Wearing My Rolex.

Wiley is as important if not more important in the creation of the Grime sound as Dizzee Rascal
and he's well due a serious hit...

It's also very good to see more of that pop potential of Grime coming through...


Pendulum (9) are sometimes lively, though a bit studenty commerical young (LETS GO MENTAL!!! DRINK FOSTERS!!! GO SNOWBOARDING AND then get a good job....)


As for the rest:

I've not heard this Sam Sparo
, but I fear he may be yet another graduate of 'The Brits' X Factor school...

For this reason, I dislike Leona Lewis And The Radiators. Leona's clearly not without talent, but her songs are crap and she's not Whitney Houston..

You already know my feelings about Duffy...

I haven't neard much of most of the rest of the top ten singles. The names are mostly all to familiar, but I don't know specifics, if you do, please comment as such below:


The Album Chart



Madge-donna (The Queen Margaret of Pop) is in at Numero Uno...

Though there's been some good singles down the years, I feel Madge Thatcher is yet to produce a decent LP...

I'm therefore not holding out much hope for Hard Candy...


Portishead
are in at 2 after a 9 year release gap...

On one level, this is a good sign: Good in that a band like that can come back and chart so well. A sign perhaps..

But on the other hand,
much like Radiohead, I've always thought Portishead are hugely overated. They also generally make me want to kill myself after 3 or 4 songs....

Yes boss, people tried it on with Ozzy and Judas Priest, but just how long is it till some enterprising though 'clearly and very obviously' distraught parents, bring court cases blaming these kind of acts for the suicides of their children?!?

Give me a little Tricky
ahead of Phead any day of the week, at least he laughed occasionally...

Anyway, I'll reserve judgement on the LP as I've had it recomended a few times (though I heard a bit of it in HMV the other day and it sounded mightly similar to the other ones..)


The greatest disappointment of this weeks chart is that the Arctic Monkeys side project Last Action Puppy Hero (or whatever the fuck it's called) is in there at Number 4, after launching straight into last weeks No1 slot..

WHAT?!?!

So, the Arctic Monkeys are such a good fucking band, that after 2 LPs they've already bored themselves and are releasing solo projects?!?

As Tommy Nadir said last Saturday:

"The Arctic Monkeys have this normal lads, easily accessible about town thing going on, but what would Alex Turner say if you spazzed him and said: 'Hi there Alex, I'm going down the Crown & Anchor - see you there in 10???' I bet he wouldn't turn up..."


(Paul Giovanni £rd is obviously available for drinks with all his readers all of the time. It is however imperative that you pay for ALL the drinks, AND the Cheese and Onion Crisps AND the cab home. YOU MUST ALSO SAY MY WRITING IS BRILLIANT AT LEAST 9 TIMES FOR EVERY HOUR WE ARE OUT!!!!)

(PS: I WILL ALSO NEED PICKLED EGGS!!!)

(PPS: AND MONEY FOR THE FRUIT MACHINE AND/OR THE POOL TABLE - AND IF THERE'S A DARTBOARD YOU MUST BE WILLING TO SEND A COURIER TO FISH ISLAND TO PICK UP MY DARTS!!!!)


No comments: