Thursday 8 May 2008

NO MORE CRACK...


Current mood: I NEED A HIT!!!!
Category: I NEED A HIT!!!! Art and Photography






Well, as I mentioned earlier, I droppped into the Tate Modern Art Gallery earlier today dressed as a suicide bomber...

Yes boss, it wasn't art and I was half asleep, but no-one seemed to notice either, and though I didn't front up a whole bunch of cash to look at the Dada Exhibiton I did notice something of note...

THE GREAT WORK OF ART THAT WAS THE CRACK HAS BEEN FILLED IN!!!

Yes boss, long term readers might remember me visiting and gazing in awe at THE CRACK (real name: Shibboleth By Doris Salcedo 2007) that until recently spanned the turbine hall of the Tate Gallery in the name of art...





IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!

How my American Friends and I wondered at the genius?!? How we laughed at the people gazing into it looking for meaning!!! How we felt glad and blessed we would one day tell our kids that we stood with our legs astride THE CRACK OF SHIBBOLETH!!!!!


Well, now the show is over and it's being filled in!!!!

YES BOSS!!! THE CRACK IS NO MORE!!!!! THE CRACK IS DEAD!!!!


Which begs the following questions:

What is an art gallery doing destroying a work of art?!?

How hard would your average starving African laugh at this whole episode????

Was it art??

Was it good art????

And does anyone plan on constructing a NEW CRACK???


No comments: