Sunday 18 May 2008

IS IT POSSIBLE...


Current mood: LOVE WON’T TEAR ME APART
Category: LOVE WON’T TEAR ME APART Music



to properly consider yourself to be a music writer until you've written a number of heavy magazine articles, a book, contributed to a film and/or documentary about the cheery 80's pop band Joy Division....?!?

Yes boss, it's come to my attention that more appears to be written about this rather downbeat pop group than about more or less any other band of the last 30 years...

There's endless analysis, homage and tribute paid.

Music writers love it and love 'em and there seems no end in sight to the detailed analysis of Ian Curtis and bands short life and career...


Well, at the risk of ruining my fledgling career, I'd like to point out that after today, I'm not going to write a thing about this band, mostly because I don't bloody well like 'em...

No boss, you can file this band next to Radiohead & Portishead in the Giovan Caravan of No Love....

I have so little regard for them, I honestly claimed to have never heard Unknown Pleasures, only to be reminded by a friend that I owned it on vinyl....

I checked and sure enough there it was.

Bought, played once and then forgotten...


Sorry...

No comments: