Thursday 8 May 2008

INSIDE MY EARS THIS WEEK!!!!


Current mood: 6 WEEKS
Category: 6 WEEKS Music



I used to continually blog NEW music...

Yes boss, in the opening months, I worked with such discipline, I'd post a round up of the tunes blowing my skirt, on a WEEKLY basis!!

But now the novelty to all that has gone and I find myself to be constantly referring and writing about the good old days.


I also prefer to pontificate on vaguities in search of cheap laughs...

But don't be thinking the new music is gone, or that the weekly hits feature is finished - it just comes along less often...

Yes boss, these days, my weeks have become 6 weeks

and my brain is always shrinking..


So what's burning my mower right now??

Well, I'm very into...

Pavarotti's Greatest Hits
- particularly whilst in the bath...

Other recent vinyl favourites include:

The Maria Callas Collection 2xLP

Excellent late at night on the muffled quiet - as if she's singing in the room next door






Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

I'm musing on the quality of Zeps attempt to embrace synthesizers.

All things considered, I think they did rather well, and certainly far better than many who've followed...

Brian Eno - Before and After Science

A classic very high quality LP - full review to come!!

Popcorn - Hot Butter

More early funtime synth action made by the largest pop group until The Magic Numbers





PiL - The Flowers Of Romance

A wonderfully primitive record - in many ways it's better than the first one..


As for the newer stuff:

The new LP by Clinker (a full review will follow...)

The most recent Babyshambles LP is OK, but has failed to blow my head off...

I'm finding The Crystal Castles to be a bit pointlessly noisey. I was expecting big things of this pair, but what I've heard so far sounds too one dimensional and shouty...

What's your pain all about??? It sounds a little petulent to me...






Then there's the very varried new LP from They Came From The Stars I Saw Them - Full review and dedicated CHG epsiode to follow...






And that's about it in terms of regulars...

A full roundup of my favourite new spazzer acts will follow....

No comments: