Wednesday 28 May 2008

A PHILIP OF THINGS....


Current mood: WOBBLY
Category: WOBBLY Music



Here we go with a few tips and flip flops of info to line your day...


Firstly: Today Fish Island got scary:

Yes boss, Mrs G and myself were leaving the flat this morning to go to Primark in Hackney (YES, WE'RE THAT FUCKING CLASSY!!)

We see a few pieces of A4 paper dotted about the car park that appear to be advertising something....

Getting closer to one we see the word 'MISSING'

SHIT!!!! I think, has Shayne Ward
finally realised The Chairs of Pop Power are missing?? DOES HE WANT THEM BACK?? ARE THERE GONNA BE FLAT TO FLAT SEARCHES FOR THE CHAIRS??? AM I GOING DOWN TO POP HELL BEFORE I'VE EVEN HAD ONE HIT?!?

Or has someone lost a cat???


Well, we take a look and it's far more sinsiter than that.

A young woman has disappeared. She was last seen leaving these here Fishy Flats at midday on Thursday and hasn't been seen since...

This is not a joke...


Now, generally speaking, I can never get too bothered about people going missing of whom I have no knowledge, but when they've left your block of flats in broad daylight and apparently disappeard, I find I get a little more bothered...


So, I just went to check on her name to write this (because I was convinced she was called Isobel and Mrs G was sure she was called Monique) and I'm pleased to say she appears to have turned up, because all the posters have now been taken down...

PHEW!!





Secondly: I know many of you probably don't give a shit about bike racing, but I'm gonna rattle this one out anyway....

Dave Zabriskie is a professional bike racer currently riding for the Slipstream Chipotle team.

I first remember Zabriskie winning a solo breakaway when riding for Lance Armstrongs US Postal team in the Tour of Spain 4 or 5 years ago. It was a proper long solo breakaway that very very rarely succedes, and I had the feeling that though his career had (up until that point) been cursed by injury, we might be hearing more of Mr Z...

Well, since then he's held the yellow jersey at The Tour De France, before crashing out (whilst still wearing the Golden Tunic) He's also won and placed high in many top level time trials and regular races...

Anyway, having co-won Stage 1, Zabriske was enjoying this years Tour of Italy, but he suffered the misfortune of suffering a rather nasty crash that took him into an ambulance and out of the race...

So, my point here is that he wirtes blogs here on myspace and his latest is an account of this Giro, the crash, the hotels, and the general the life and times of a pro-racer on a major tour..

It's an ace read and insight into the sport that I love and you can catch it by clicking here...


Thirdly:

There's a new musique blog on here that I'd recommend you get your subscription on if you want to learn about newer music..

It's written by Minnie Musique and you can get yourself a braniful by clicking here....


Lastly:

I've mentioned him before and I'll no doubt mention him again.

Roger The Record Producer
has an ace blog and he now has a weekly podcast type thing called The Shabby Road Radio Hour

This Radio Hour is a fucking wierd and wondefully ACE thing and you must check it out right away!!!!

So, go to his blog
and scroll down to find Episodes 1 & 2...


OVER AND OUT!!!!

No comments: