Friday 18 January 2008

IS KATE NASH JESUS??? OR PERHAPS MARY OF NAZARETH???


Current mood: MIAOW....
Category: MIAOW.... Music



Yesterday is going to be a tall order to follow..

Yes boss, just occasionally, I hit a square and painful nerve with you my beloved readers, and last evening, a brief and rather throwaway blog about Kate Nash
launched the most almighty wave of comment and suggestion!!!

There's been something in the region of 74 comments and counting!!! It was BIGGER than the 'Fuck Me Shoes'
blog, and in all honesty, I never thought I'd see the 'Fuck Me Shoes' blog trumped until I owned at least one Porsche...

So, happy as I am with my MASSIVE success, I can't help but wonder why??

I mean such a wave of interest certainly wasn't inspired by my high quality writing - because there was hardly any writing on that blog...

Could it be that Nash has more ability to spark passion than I at first thought??

Or are we all just sad and bitter frustrated teenagers, apalled that someone should have the nerve to remind us of what we can never have again????

Shit, if I knew the formula, I'd already be more important than the bible - but I don't know the formula...

However, I'm determined to trump yesterdays success if it kills me and all my credability, and I know damn well that's not going to happen if I write a jolly review of this here Slack Reggae Box Set...

So, in a sad and rather deliberate attempt to improve my blog, myself, the world and all it's children, I'm going to throw the floor open to suggestions for tonights monster...

Tell me what you want to hear?!? Tell me what gossip you need to know?!? What music you want me to butcher or applaud?!? Tell me how I can make you all type me happy!!!!




Currently listening :
Check the Water
By Various Artists
Release date: By 17 January, 2006

20:08 - 38 Comments - 12 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

maryJane

i want to hear that pace picante salsa sound !!

Posted by maryJane on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 20:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

We all have very deep and meaningful desires. But like I said earlier, I really think we need to start this investigation by you saying a few words about the relationship you have with your mother....

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 20:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

the relationship i have with my mother is none of myspace-s concern.
but.
she was actually watching tv with me when i discovered this sound...and her eyes looked very concerned when i got so excited over it.

Posted by maryJane on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 20:47
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Aha, umm, yes...

This is beginning to make sense.

Now, tell me more about this sound...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

but it-ll lose it-s appeal if you start psycho-analyzing it...

Posted by maryJane on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Are you sitting by the TV with a recording device - your finger hovering over the record button...??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]


maryJane

...how did you know??

Posted by maryJane on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm a psychiatrist and a music writer - I read peoples minds and habbits...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

People like to have a good beef about 'celebrities' who get on their tits. We're sick to the back teeth of Winehouse, to it's time to trash gash Nash instead.

I dream of reaching 74 comments....

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:10
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The problem with Nash is she doesn't puke out of windows or wander about Fish Island in her bra.
When she starts on this kind of behaviour I might take more notice until then I'll remain disinterested...

This time last year 74 comments was a distant dream AND NOW IT'S A REALITY!!!

I LOVE THIS GLOBAL WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY!!!

MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:32
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... and that Nash may be Jesus. Crucifixion for crimes against lyrical scansion, anyone?

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 19:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

What in the hell is lyrical scansion??

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 19:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Not all comments were about Nash to be fair, but there was enough in there to cause debate and make non euros curious.

Kate Nash is shit. Gimme Lily Allen anyday. Well Miss Allen likes Clinker...or she used to. A woman of taste (if i'm not stretching that too far).

I want MrG to do in depth interviews with bands. Get under our skin and really find out what makes us tick.

But then again, most people seem to react to the gossipy stuff and less the other i've noticed.

Just do what you do Paul. You come up with some Gems. Like the night of rows with bouncers, ice on cars and Mr Wards chairs. Oh it was a Stars gig review? I'd forgotten. My favourite ever....so i'm no different.

You da man!

Posted by Clinker on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

You're right not all comments were about Nash, but for some reasons they gravitated towards that blog - I've checked the CHAIRS OF POP POWER and I can confirm that she hasn't got her mitts on them - so there must be other unknown forces at work here..

Talking of the COPP. The night to which you refer was quite possibly a turning point in this blog..

Yes boss, that's when the energy got critical and I began to fully understand my mission here in POP land!!!

I mean is it a coincidence that the X Factor voting scandal and the first episode of Casa Hasa Giovanna was made in the days that followed?!?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:41
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Oh and I'm very bad at doing interviews - I always end up talking about myself...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

And your right - it's the gossip that sells...

Sometimes I knock off the best and most incisive pieces of clever wit writing and the interest never comes near to the 'Fuck Me Shoes' blog...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:40
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

Lily Allen... tastes like chicken.


Apparently.

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

You probably need to ask her Chemical Brother...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany the lass à la piratepods

i guess i should check out this kate nash chica ?
she is selling out all her gigs in america !!!
must admit -- i never heard of her, before your blog ...
but does that surprise you ??? ((don't answer that)).

gossip --
i do have a story about fergie's (disc 2, uk greatest hits package now 68) mom and my dad ...
but i'll let my dad tell it ... when i interview him for a podcast ;).

happy new year, sir giovanni

when will i meet you in person ??
when you come to the states ... if you can squeeze me in ... i'll have you over for a dinner.

Posted by tiffany the lass à la piratepods on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:49
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I honestly wouldn't bother checking Nash out - she's anonymous - so much so I've mentioned her in two blogs in 2 days...

I look forward to the Fergie story. I used to quite fancy Fergie, but I think I've got over that one now...

And a Happy New Year to you too..

There's a reasonable likelihood of me paddling our boat over to the lost continet later on this year. If this is the case, can you guarantee a big parade..

I'm thinking a few hundred police in uniform, a helicopter fly past and a night with the mayors wife....??

Let me know...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


tiffany the lass à la piratepods

did i tell you that zoom airlines starts flying to san diego from london this summer.
flights are $400 - $800 !!!!

Posted by tiffany the lass à la piratepods on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 21:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

The prices are attractive, but I'm set on using the fihing boat if at all possible and then swimming the last few hundred meters under the cover of darkness (wearing speedos)...

I figure that if i get caught, it'll mean a few extra weeks to the holiday...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

i bet the kate nash peeps will win one of those awards you blogged about last month !!!

Posted by piratepods on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

What awards???

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 22:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


piratepods

i tried looking in your archive -- but could not find it.
p.s - the archive links are red - can not be viewed.

the media awards for all of the band marketing you mentioned in dec or nov 07 ... that's what i was referring to.
bat for lashes, prince, etc ... the peeps that help those guys out.

just you wait and see kate's group will win in 08.

Posted by piratepods on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Ahh yes, I remember. I think her marketing folk did actually pick up one or two gongs that night...

Another and easier place to browse the backcatalog is on blogspot which can be accessed by clicking the big picture at the top of every blog page...

)

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 00:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity

i agree with mr clinker...just keep doing what you're doing, whatever it is it is working. the comments, i think are all part of that random luck theory. sometimes the comments take on a life of their own, and i was having an ADD moment on the kate nash blog and changed the subject, but for some reason, she inspired that in me...

Posted by La Paloma, the Queen of Infinity on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:26
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It's all a question of luck and odd timing...

I've never before watched a full episode of The Buzzcocks until yesterday and then i didn't because i put it on, but because Mrs G did and then it was pure chance that Nash was on etc etc...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

But does Kate Nash wear fuck-me shoes?? That is the question.

Posted by R on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

THIS IS A VITAL QUESTION!!!

They were running a joke about her co-panel member (some bloke from Catherine Tate) trying to get in her pants on The Buzzcocks, and the way she dealt with that suggested she doesn't wear FUCK ME SHOES....

I will now scour the world wide web for evidence of her wearing anything other than hippy sandals...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:46
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

WAIT A MINUTE....

..

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

THESE SHOES ARE PURE FILTH!!!!!

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:57
[Remove] [Reply to this]


R

NO NO NO....that's heavily photoshopped.

THESE are her actual feet..

kate nash feet

Posted by R on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 00:00
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Can I just say that I started the trend for sandals with socks way back in May of this year...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 01:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Christopher Nosnibor

May of tis year? You travelled forward in time just to wear sandals and socks? That's dedication...

Welcome to 2008!

Hmm, where can I find a Kate Nash caldendar I wonder..?

Posted by Christopher Nosnibor on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 15:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yes...

I'm always looking for a way to get in front...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 15:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Brigid Power-Ryce

i think we all jump at the chance to slag the poor thing off because she represents everything i hate about the music industry its all a load of image and hype music with no passion and nothing to say, no meaning, doesnt give us kicks like music should. But yet magazines tv etc say how good she is all the time and its tiring, confusing and .. oh god i need to go to bed

Posted by Brigid Power-Ryce on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 23:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I feel vicious and mean for having digs at stars - but what else are they there for?? Especially the ones without decent talent???

I'll soon change my tune anyway. Yes boss, when I'm famous, I'll be around Nash's house for breakfast for damn sure...

KN "Morning Paul"
PG£ "MORNING SIR PAUL!!!!"
KN "Yes, sorry. Morning Sir Paul.."
PG£ "That's more like it! (peck on forehead) Now I vomitted on your shoes last night, but don't throw them away because they'll be worth money!!!"
KN "OK Paul"
PG£ "SIR FUCKING PAUL!!!!!"
etc

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 01:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


No comments: