Sunday 6 January 2008

2008....


Current mood: PUFFING...
Category: PUFFING... Parties and Nightlife



YEOWWW!!!

Another night out which descended into riotous dancing, excessive drunkeness and an argument about the smoking ban - it's been a year for it...

PG£) 'Listen it's New Years Eve - this is a private party, no-one except an idiot puritan is going to complain and the police sure as shit aren't going to do anything about it. So why in the hell is 2/3rds of the party standing outside, whilst the other third twiddle their thumbs inside awaiting the recommencement of the party???

PARTY ORGANISER) It's about respect!

PG) Respect for the law!! No-one was standing outside this time last year?!? You've just got no balls!!!!


etc etc

To be frank, I'm already tired of having the same discussion time and time again, but it's made me realise a thing or two. In particular, that Britain is a highly controlled country and no-one wants to rock the boat anymore.

Yes boss, get the economics right and you have the people in a bag. Furthermore ideals and values might be pretty, but no-one gives a flying fuck about any of that crap so long as the wealth is there and life is relatively stable...

Anyway, the whole smoking ban debate is already boring the shit out of me, so resolution no 1 for 2008 is to stop talking about it and leave the people of England to their willful and loving servitude...

Here are some other Giovanna resolutions:

2) Remember to also buy MILK when in the corner shop buying beer..
3) Make some fucking money AKA Make The PGC into a dominant force..
4) Go and watch more LIVE sport: cricket, football and boxing in particular (I went to Craven Cottage to watch Fulham VS Chelsea today. An average game, but a reminder of how much I love the spectacle, the crowds, the chants etc)
5) Get very good use out of THE CHAIRS OF POP POWER..
6) Dance at least once a week
7) Ummm, that'll probably do it....

Oh, and I'm starting 2008 with a week of sobriety so expect loads of blogs about flower arranging and NO FUCKING SHOUTING AT ALL!!!!

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!)))))



Currently listening :
Kosi Comes Around
By DJ Koze
Release date: By 13 September, 2005

14:01 - 8 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

DANX GROD!

Maybe by "respect", the host meant respect to the non-smokers, and not the law?

Just a guess...

I hate the stench of cigs, so I got no problem with a ban on them... but when they ban smoking ganja, then we have a problem!

What? They did ban ganja smoking too? BASTARDS!

Cheerz!

Posted by DANX GROD! on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 00:01
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm sure that's what he meant, but where was the 'respect' this time last year when there was no such ban??? The law has changed and because that law change is the only reason anyone was standing outside the 'respect' argument is bollocks...

A thing that made me laugh was that the party organiser and many others including yours truly were nipping off to the bogs to ingest mdma crystals...

So: No smoking! But yes drugs!! - maybe things are OK afterall...))

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 00:05
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Treacle

Having spent New Year's Eve in Seoul where everyone smokes in doors, you come home reeking of death. My ultimate quest to stop smoking is useless and I'm convinced thats what's making me ill every time I go out and not the copious amount of Gin I ingest. Why it was instinct to spell Gin with a capital 'G' is somewhat worrying, as if in my mind, it's held in some god like status.

SO, no booze for me for a while also, and continued memories of what drugs are...
Happy New Year indeed.

Posted by Treacle on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 02:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well, Mrs Giovanni has just given up smoking after close to 15 years on the fags and she pointed out the smelly clothes thing as being a pain, but I've never been bothered by it...

In fact it used to help me get my head recalibrated in the first few seconds of the AM

'SNIF SNIF SNIF...AAHHHH FAGS I WAS OUT!!! etc etc'

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 11:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

Everyone I know is laying off the booze. Whats that all about? Where's me tinny?

Posted by Clinker on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 16:52
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

It definately won't last - I've just been on a bender for about a month and I have to Give The Liver a Chance...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 16:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

Umm the red wines already open and the pipe of ganga never leaves my side on this here puter.
Yes it was weird going somewhere like Torture Garden on New Years eve and even all the pervs and fetishists all behaved themselves and went outside into the cold with almost nothing on to have a ciggie, while all manner of drugs were being popped and snorted it truely is bizarre a law that encourages people to only take devious drugs or do there thing in private, ooh don't show anyone what you do, instead queue all night for a cubicle to ingest in private in a public place!!
That said I had a damn good pervy night out and was well stoned before I went in as you have to be these days......

Posted by simon on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 19:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah...

I've been completely amazed at how meekly it's been accepted by all, given how big a part of pub culture it's been...

I guess we're all sitting indoors doing our drinking and smoking and conversing virtually now and many smokers do want to give up...

Pubs are definately suffering though - I reckon many will go out of business this next 5 years...

Things change...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 at 21:18
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: