Saturday 26 January 2008

48.....


Current mood: TAKE ME OUT....
Category: TAKE ME OUT.... Writing and Poetry



So...

McGee helped me out with a name...

I got onto his friend James and never heard a word back...

Full credit to McGee for replying, but no credit for him not disowning The Dirty Pretty Things
and taking me on in their place....

Shit...

I'd been called an 'Terrorist' by Londons then only daily newspaper The Evening Standard...

Photobucket

I'd been arrested 5 times, worked 7 weeks of 12 hours a day in a nuclear power station, bought 100 ecstacy pills inside said station, taken heroin substitutes to maintain my cover and had the story of the fucking decade...

I then did 3 years in the most expensive city in the world trying to market thiefucking story
without a decent flicker of interest...


Dirty Pretty Things
?????

Currently listening :
Woof: 7 Inches
By Woof
Release date: By 21 June, 2005

01:54 - 4 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Clinker

The Dirty Pretty Things decided they wanted to release their new album the same way as Radiohead. They told Alan McGee and he said "no way".

This is a man that declared that nobody nowadays wants to pay for music, including himself and that the music business need to understand this.

A man of many contradictions, like my old one about claiming My Bloody Valentine were his joke band (a joke band he allowed to spend £250,000 of his money, pre Oasis).

I respect the man for many reasons, but he does talk shit sometimes.

Posted by Clinker on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 13:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Yeah, I heard the DPT's wanted to copy Radiohead...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The Dirty Pretty Things are The Seahorses, and the clock is ticking..

What was the last decent band McGee had anything to do with...?

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 13:34
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Wendy

You look like Jim Carrey in that picture.

Posted by Wendy on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 15:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or not...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 15:36
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: