Friday 18 January 2008

SEX IS OVER :: EXTRACTS FROM A DIVORCE PT1


Current mood: MY PAIN MY PAIN
Category: MY PAIN MY PAIN Romance and Relationships



----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: The Paul Giovanni Music Blog...
Date: Apr 30, 2007 4:49 PM


I think the place we completely agree is that good sex is the begining middle and ending of everything that feels nice...As is good sleep...good eating etc

But I figure I'll get around to that in heaven or hell...I can't be wasting time on that kind of stuff now...I'm in my prime just now and need to be writing meaningless and pretentious emails to myspazz friends 8000 miles away and building machines...

I'll sleep when I'm fucking dead..I really enjoy doing stuff, building, creating and learning, looking to the future, thinking, observing, beaing awake and alive and urting and fighting etc...

Sex is so fucking retro...It's been done to death..It's over now....

Honestly speaking here, I really feel sex has had it's day, it's peak, it's importance is now contrived and irrelevant..Everything sex once had a monopoly on has been bought out by technology...You can breed without sex, you can get extreme pleasure without sex, you can build bonds without sex...

I'd far rather build a computer, because in 50,000 years, humans are gonna be as relevant as chipmunks are today and stupidly geeky as it may sound, computers will be running the friggin world even more than they are now and i'd rather be a part of that future than lusting into some romantic past...

Of course sex is nice - It's fucking wonderful but in 2007 it's pointless. It's like heroin and what's the friggin point of that??

??


Subject:

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: PROBLEM NO1

Body:

oh pg... either you are the absolute stupidest man alive or the smartest... i haven't decided yet. but i do think that you are missing out on something amazing. fortunately, (or unfortunately depending on how you look @ it) sex is one of my favorite things. sure, it's passe'... but there is nothing i would rather do then stay in bed on a saturday or sunday morning & fuck all day. i've called in sick to work so i could stay tangled in bed all day w/ my NEW boyfriend. it's not that i'm obsessed with sex, but i do realize it's importance. seriously!

i suppose we will just have to agree to disagree on this one...


Currently listening :
The Robots / Robotronik / Robotnik (Remixes) EP
By Kraftwerk

01:37 - 6 Comments - 5 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

they came from the stars, i saw them

yeah, paul, you've "gone" mad x

Posted by they came from the stars, i saw them on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 16:02
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

15 years ago folk were telling me I'd 'gone' mad for talking about global warming and now all those folk have changed their tune...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 16:30
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Clinker

I remember John Lydon describing sex as "3 and a half minutes of squelching".

It might be for him.

You can rationalise in your head its not that great, but I prefer not to.

Another quote from an old friend "theres always time for drop your drawers and ten bobs yours".

Posted by Clinker on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 21:11
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Neither do I like to rationalise it - I'm just reporting the future in line with my futureproof brief(s)...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 21:29
[Remove] [Reply to this]


simon

Paul your off the page with that Idea, I have spent far too much of my adult life enjoying every aspect of sex and love to ever want to quit it, the only time I even think about that is while single and that hasn't been the case for nearly 10 years now.
So find yourself the love of a good woman, man or sheep or whatever takes your fancy and get on down and enjoy it.
That said if you really prefer building computers this one here needs a new hard drive and motherboard etc and I need all the help I can get in the how to upgrade the whole shebang!!
Time for you to listen to that old Alex Chilton song "No Sex" I suppose, or have you just joined one of those severe catholic sects that insist on celibacy?

Posted by simon on Monday, January 07, 2008 at 09:56
[Remove] [Reply to this]


: THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI :

Well, I know the callibre of the readers of this blog and I'm therefore not surprised to hear the cries of indignation....

It is however my job to abscond from my own personal desires to ensure I control and channel all appropriate energy into my work.

Also if the title of Futureproof is to be accurate I have to look at what is likely to happen in future rather than what I might like and want to happen...

So, my opinion remains that once cloning has been properly sorted out, sex will be cracked down upon...

The advantage to this viewpoint is that if you need some help with upgrades - I'm your man...

Posted by : THE FUTUREPROOF MUSIC BLOG BY PIOUS GIOVANNI : on Monday, January 07, 2008 at 13:27
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: