Tuesday 5 August 2008

Peter Stringfellow was a genius...


Current mood: REAL....
Category: REAL.... Music



Here we go with todays reading from the book of Peter...


'Three weeks later, I was still in hospital with my leg in traction. I was in so much pain the nurses pumped me full of morphine. Up until then I hadn't ever taken a hallucinogenic drug of any description, other than laughing gas when I had a tooth pulled out. When I finally came out of hospital I was as high as a kite. I sat down and wrote a waltz, which I called the Royal Waltz. Now bear in mind that I have no musical talent whatsoever - I have no idea where all this musical theory came from. When I finished the waltz I started writing stories, songs and poetry. By the end of the first week Coral managed to get me in the bath. I had hardly got in the bath before I was demanding that Coral bring me a tape-recorder because I felt a new song coming on. Then I started singing about God and how the world was so sad. Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' had nothing on this. Coral thought I'd lost it - totally. When the effects of the morphine wore off I was back to my talentless self.'



Currently reading :
King of Clubs
By Peter Stringfellow

No comments: