Friday 22 August 2008

The Foals


Current mood: BANG BANG BANG....
Category: BANG BANG BANG.... Music



GOOD SHITTING CHRIST!!!!

The latest hoodoo boodoo big boohaa band is Foals
.

Yes boss, the alt.hype music is in full flow with this lot, and in the last week alone I've read 2 pieces ranting and raving, that this bunch of Oxford boys are quite possibly as important as The Sex Pistols


WELL, I'D LIKE TO GO ON RECORD AS SAYING FOALS AREN'T AS IMPORTANT AS THE BOO RADLEYS, LET ALONE THE FRIGGIN PISTOLS!!!

NO BOSS!!! FOALS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN OK INDIE POP BAND, WHO BORE THE CRAP OUT OF ME AFTER 2 OR 3 MINUTES!!!

THEY'RE FRANZ FERDINAND WITH A SIDE MORE BEEF!!!

AND GIVEN THE INTERVIEWS I'VE READ, THEY'RE ABOUT AS LIKELY TO SAY SOMETHING INTERESTING AS THE MOON IS ABOUT TO TAKE UP SMOKING!!!!


And herein lies one of the key problems with music writers - most of them haven't lived in or even close to the hoi poloi to know what is going to strike a chord and/or put the fear of god into the man on the street...

And I can't claim to know what's required either - if I had any clear idea I'd be doing and making it instead of SHOUTING ON A BLOG!!

In fact, I'm more of the opinion there's nothing required, that music is a dead duck in many regards - except to fulfil it's most normal basic role of being a pacifying entertainment for the masses...


SO THERE!!!!


Currently listening :
Messe Pour Le Temps Présent
By Pierre Henry
Release date: 1999-07-15

1 comment:

sunsetsky said...

"In fact, I'm more of the opinion there's nothing required, that music is a dead duck in many regards - except to fulfil it's most normal basic role of being a pacifying entertainment for the masses...


SO THERE!!!!"

Couldn't agree more. With all the artists I see whilst taking gig pics hardly any inspire me, the only one has been Leonard Cohen recently.

Is me getting older or the bands on offer getting worse? or both?