Thursday 3 July 2008

WOOF WOOF!!!!


Current mood: DOG DOG DOG
Category: DOG DOG DOG Music



You know if there's one thing in the world worse than Hitler, it's Radiohea-

NO NO!!!! BOLLOCKS


Ummm....

I was actually listening to Thom and the boys today.

I always find I have to have the odd blast of acts I hate, just in case my opinion has changed - which it has been known to do....

Well, I managed a bit of a couple of b-sides and half of Fake Plastic Trees, but I soon realised my opinion hadn't changed, and got straight back on with the George Clinton...


ATOMIC DOG!!! WHAT A FUCKING TRACK THAT IS!!!

(If you think you don't know it - it's basically this one by Snoop Dog, but Clintons original is MUCH FATTER!!!)




And this is the thing with Clinton - he's one of the most sampled geezers ever.

Yes boss, half of Hip Hop is based on Clintons beats and grooves, not to mention the whole of electro - and where would Prince be without him??? (still brilliant obviously, but probably in a different way)

Clinton must make a fucking fortune from publishing royalties....

And, here's another example of a reworking...



Ice Cube's good LIVE n'all...


Anyway....

SHUT UP GIOVANNI!!! YOU NEVER EVEN MENTIONED
GEORGE CLINTON UNTIL THIS TIME LAST WEEK AND NOW YOU'RE RABBITING ON ABOUT HIM AS IF HE'S THE SECOND COMING!!!!!


I'm not completely into hero worship, and with hindsight, I'd have to admit, once the fourth or fifth long guitar solo kicked in on
Clintons set last week, I was feeling I didn't fancy too many more - but the pure groove and feel of the whole gig was absolutely fucking splendid..!

I've still not recovered my normal reserved and adrift manner. That gig is still playing in my head - I can't really listen to anything except
my stars tuneshow and Clinton - I think it's made the top 5 gigs ever...


Oh and did I mention Clinton had this pimp character wandering about the stage off and on, and at the end he did acrobatics and male belly dancing - and then he got on top of the speakers and started doing handstands 12 feet off the fucking ground as the bouncers clung bravely on at the base trying to prevent what they felt might be a potential death trap!!!!

I'm a sucker for that kind of shit.

Basically: If you pull off 'America's Got Talent' as well as play a blinding gig you'll get my vote everytime....

Here's a crap picture....


No comments: