Thursday 3 July 2008

DID YOU MISS ME?????


Current mood: KLF IS GONNA ROCK YOU!!!!
Category: KLF IS GONNA ROCK YOU!!!! Music






I've been babysitting...

Jesus, Italian kids are NOISEY ALL OF THE TIME?!?

Much like Italian adults, they YELL at one another from point dot onwards...!!!

It completely freaked me out, to start with, but you block it out after a while...


My niece in law Rebecca, wanted some music for her mp3 player..

'I'VE GOT LOADS OF MUSIC!!' I thought...

But I started looking for things for 9 year old kids and found I didn't have so much...


And when you see the kid standing there looking expectant and you look at what you're selecting for them, you take a reality check and wonder a little about just how badly BAD the music business is...

I'm thinking, mmmm, young peoples pop music, and I start thinking Michael Jackson, Britney Spears...

Give her some Amy Winehouse, Mrs G says....

WHAT????!!!!

Shit, you can call me Tipper Gores benign bitch ass mother, if you like - but you begin to get a little frightenned about the kind of music that's marketed to kids...


Another thing I noticed is that there seems to be a musical bizz gap between the ages of 8 and 12.

You can find stuff for very small kids and stuff for teenagers, but there's very little for 8-12 year olds...

You need something that's naive, but not quite Hit Me Baby One More Time.

At that age kids seem to be beginning to understand that the world isn't quite the big old bag of laughs it seems at first to be - but cynicism doesn't come into it...


I have this odd idea that Reggae works very well throughout the ages - but then when you concentrate on the lyrics, you find that plenty of reggae is very dirty indeed and when I tried playing it to Rebecca, she didn't like it at all....


What should 9 year old kids be listening to????



No comments: